This Navigate feature is available to faculty and staff ONLY.
Alerts are a way to draw attention to a student who might be at risk for a variety of reasons, such as losing financial aid, struggling academically and/or personally, or intending to withdraw from the institution. Issuing an alert will create a virtual referral and prompt action from the appropriate department.
How to Issue an Alert
Watch this step-by-step tutorial on how to issue an alert.
More tutorials can be found on the "Video Tutorials" page.
You can select multiple appointment reasons within a single submission. This way, you do not need to send multiple alerts per student.
When an alert is submitted, the student will receive communication from the office to which the alert was sent. You should inform the student that you will be submitting an alert. For example, you could say "I will be submitting a referral for you to Financial Literacy. They will be reaching out to you soon."
Upon submitting an alert, you will receive an email confirmation from the office to which the alert was assigned. Unfortuantely, due to the volume of alerts, you will not receive detailed updates regarding outcomes. However, if you'd like to check in regarding the details of a particular case, please reply to the confirmation email that was sent to you.
Help with Alerts
Not sure which alert reason applies best? Need technical help submitting an alert?
Contact Navigate Support for help with issuing an alert.
Where Do Alerts Go?
See below for the list of "alert reasons" and the department to which they are assigned.
Academic Advising (ADV)
- Student failing & NO CHANCE to earn a passing grade
- Student needs help with academic policy/procedure
- Student needs help with course registration
- Student needs major exploration support
Center for Academic Success and Accessibility Services (CASAS)
- Needs academic skill support (success coaching)
- Student disclosed diagnosis
- Student disclosed previous accommodations (504/IEP)
- Student failing, can STILL earn a passing grade
- Student needs content support (tutoring/PALs)
Office of Career and Professional Development (CPD)
- Needs resume, cover letter, interviewing support etc
- Student needs career advising
- Student wants job opportunities/experiential learning
Dean of Students Office (DOS)
- Change in behavior, abruptly stopped attending class
- Needs basic needs support (food/emergency housing)
- Needs help obtaining access code/textbook for class
- Needs well-being support (mental/physical/emotional)
- Student lost a family member/friend
- Student may need emergency financial assistance
- Student needs technology (wifi/desktop)
Financial Literacy (FIN)
- Needs financial advising (Payment/Credit/Investing)
Student Involvement and Leadership Development (INV)
- Student wants leadership development
- Student wants peer connections an