(please refer to Guide to Living on Campus for detailed information)
- SCSU students and external guests will be permitted as guests in the residence halls this upcoming academic semester.
- All guests must wears masks at all times regardless of vaccination status (other than in private rooms with roommate consent)
- All roommates must be comfortable with the guest policy to allow for visitation to that specific room.
- Guest visitation to rooms/suites/apartments will be limited to 1 guest per bedroom/room except for West Campus suites which will be limited to two guests per suite.
- This includes guests both signed in from outside the residence hall and visiting from within the residence hall. For example, a double-occupancy room can host no more than 3 people (the two assigned residents and one guest); a North Campus apartment may have 6 people maximum (the four assigned residents and two guests (one per bedroom).
- Overnight guests will be permitted this upcoming academic semester. Residents are permitted one overnight guest per bedroom (with roommate consent).
- All guest policies are subject to change as needed to comply with federal, state and local policies and recommendations as well as best practices for higher education during COVID.
First Time Visitors
Refer to Visit Southern for information on the address, campus map, parking and overnight stays.
Requirements to Visit
Visitors will need one form of ID from the following list to visit residents.
- SCSU student, staff or faculty ID
- State Issued Photo ID
- Military ID
Visiting as an Underage Individual
Parents must fill out the parental consent form giving permission for an underage individual to visit Southern.