To request housing at Southern Connecticut State University, you must first pay the non-refundable $250 Housing Deposit and complete an Online Housing Application in Banner Web (please use the instructions below). On-campus housing is not required nor is it guaranteed for students. You will have an opportunity to select your housing assignment and roommate(s) online during your designated room selection session.
Upon submission of the housing application, you will have until June 30 to cancel your Academic Year Housing Agreement. The $250 deposit is non-refundable. Beginning July 1, the housing contract cannot be cancelled to reside off campus during the contract term and you are financially responsible for both the fall and spring semesters.
Completing the Online Housing Application
- Log into your "Southern Admissions Portal"
- Click on "Next Steps-Freshmen"
- Scroll down to Step 2
- Select "MyHousing Portal"
- Click the "Applications" tab
- Select "Fall Housing Application and Deposit (Academic Year) from drop down menu
- Complete the housing application and submit your $250 payment with a credit card
Please remember: you are financially bound to the terms and conditions of the housing contract for the entire academic year (fall and spring semester) and the housing contract cannot be cancelled to reside off campus during the contract term.
Note: All incoming First-Year and Transfer students must also pay the $200 Tuition Deposit at the time the housing deposit is paid.
- Log in to MySCSU
- Choose "BannerWeb"
- Click "Student Services"
- Click “MyHousing Portal”
- Then select "Click here to proceed to MyHousing Portal"
- Click the Applications tab
- Select "Academic Year On-Campus Housing Application and Deposit" from the drop down menu
- Complete the housing application
- Look for a confirmation email
If you are having trouble logging into MySCSU or BannerWeb, please contact the HelpDesk at (203) 392-5123.