How to Apply for Housing

Four Southern students standing together outside of Farnham hall


To request housing at Southern Connecticut State University, you must first pay the non-refundable $250 Housing Deposit and complete an Online Housing Application through your MyHousing Portal (instructions are provided below ). On-campus housing is not required nor is it guaranteed for students. You will have an opportunity to select your housing assignment and roommate(s) online during your designated room selection session. 

Upon submission of the housing application, you will have until June 30 to cancel your Academic Year Housing Agreement. The $250 deposit is non-refundable. Beginning July 1, the housing contract cannot be cancelled to reside off campus during the contract term and you are financially responsible for both the fall and spring semesters.

Completing the Online Housing Application

  • Log into your Southern Admissions Portal
  • Click on "Next Steps”
  • Select the “Housing” tab
  • Click on the  "MyHousing Portal" button
  • Click the "Applications" tab
  • Select "Fall Housing Application and Deposit (Academic Year) from drop down menu
  • Complete the housing application and submit your $250 payment with a credit card 

Please remember: you are financially bound to the terms and conditions of the housing contract for the entire academic year (fall and spring semester) and the housing contract cannot be cancelled to reside off campus during the contract term.

Note: All incoming First-Year and Transfer students cannot submit a housing deposit until they have submitted a $200 admissions deposit.

  • Log in to MySCSU
  • Choose "BannerWeb" 
  • Click "Student Services"
  • Click “MyHousing Portal”
  • Then select "Click here to proceed to MyHousing Portal"
  • Click the Applications tab
  • Select "Academic Year On-Campus Housing Application and Deposit" from the drop down menu
  • Complete the housing application
  • Look for a confirmation email

If you are having trouble logging into MySCSU or BannerWeb, please contact the HelpDesk at (203) 392-5123.

Academic Year Housing Agreement

Any student who requests housing for the fall semester (by paying a non-refundable housing deposit and submitting a housing application or by participating in the room selection process) has until June 30th to cancel the housing request to be released from the contract. After that date, a student can submit a Housing Withdrawal Form, which will be reviewed by a committee to determine whether the student meets the criteria to be released from the contract. If a student is not released from the contract, the student will remain assigned to housing for the academic year and all housing charges will apply. 

Download Academic Year Housing Contract (pdf)


Southern CT State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, learning disability or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or criminal record.  The Office of Diversity & Equity has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies