The Office of Residence Life in conjunction with the Facilities Operations and Planning Department coordinate the general building repairs of all residence hall facilities. Currently, students in the residence halls may request a general maintenance repair by submitting a request using the online Housing Work Order Request form. By submitting the request, you give university staff the right to enter your room to complete the job whether or not you are present.

The online Housing Work Order Request form should not be used to report maintenance emergencies.

Submit a Maintenance Request

Emergency Service

Emergency maintenance is available in the residence halls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Examples of maintenance emergencies requiring urgent repairs may include:

  • Doors that do not close or lock properly
  • Loose door knobs or knobs that fall off
  • Lock and key problems
  • Heat, power, or water loss
  • Flooding
  • Continuously running water (sinks, toilets, showers)
  • Clogged floor drains, sinks & toilets
  • Broken windows
  • Damage to fire alarm or security equipment, etc.

All maintenance emergencies should be reported to the Desk Attendant at the Welcome Desk or the Resident Adviser (RA) on duty.

Request for bike storage on campus.

Bike Storage Request

women on laptop

Welcome to your on-campus Wi-Fi!

You can connect directly to the Wi-Fi in your room by using the network name and password provided in the alerts section of your MyHousing Portal. 

Using your Southern credentials all residents have free access to live tv and on demand streaming  through the Xfinity Stream app. ( or through your internet browser).  The app is compatible with Samsung and LG smart tv's or can be accessed on any tv with the use of a streaming device (i.e. Roku, Firestick or Chromecast).

*Residents are free to use the service on their laptops, ipads and cell phones on and off campus, with limited channel selection off campus. 

Troubleshooting and Support:

Having trouble connecting to your room Wi-Fi on your cell phone?

It may be related to the Authenticator App. Please follow the steps below to modify the settings in your authenticator app so that you can connect to the Wi-Fi in your room. 

  • Log into MySCSU
  • Click on your profile and select "View Account"
  • Click on "Security Info"- update info
  • Select "Add Sign-in Method" 
  • Select phone options to text

After the above changes have been made, try to log into the room Wi-Fi and when the authenticator app asks for the code, select "I cannot use the authenticator app as this time" and this will bring up the option to receive  a code by text instead. (When you receive the text with the code, do not leave the page to access the code, type the code in directly from the pop-up alert.) This should resolve the looping issue and connect to the Wi-Fi. 

Having trouble connecting your devices?

Most devices (i.e. smart tv's, printers, gaming consoles and streaming devices) must be connected using

  • On a computer or phone, go to
  • Select Southern Connecticut State University
  • Sign in with your Southern credentials
  • Select add device
  • Name the device (i.e My Samsung TV)
  • Find the webMAC or the wlanMAC address on your device (see instructions below for where to find the MAC address on specific devices)
  • *Some devices require a hard reset to accept the update by unplugging and plugging it back in to the power supply.

*Please be aware the xfinity stream app is compatible with Samsung and LG smart TV's. For all other TV's the use of a connection to a Roku, Chromecast, Firestick or laptop is required to access the service. 

Looking for the MAC address?

We have included some instructions on where to find the MAC addresses for popular devices. Select from the options below to see if your device is listed.

Experiencing Issues with Your Wi-Fi or Streaming

Please contact Comcast directly through a live chat:

  • Go to
  • Choose your school
  • Log in using your Southern credentials, if necessary
  • Scroll down and look for the Live Chat pop up on the bottom of the screen
  • Be sure to notify them you are from Southern Connecticut State University, on Managed Wi-Fi, and the network name for your room ie: Farnham 101


Still having a problem with your Comcast service?  Let Residence Life know by completing the form below.

Comcast Request