The Schwartz Programming Space (SPS) offers a variety of educational, social, and interactive events for all residential students. From trivia nights to D.I.Y. crafts, there are countless events for students' enjoyment.
Host Your Event
Log in using your MySCSU account to request a space or visit the calendar to view availability.
To cancel an event, please contact email@example.com with at least 48 hours in advance.
General Capacity: 21
Programs and events (must be open to all residential students)
The SPS provides students with a variety of services for use during any event or program. Those services include:
- Free Wi-Fi
- 4 Large TVs (with connectivity to Blu-ray, cable, DVD, iPad, and laptops)
- Microphone and stereo capabilities
- Multiple Internet and electronic hookups
- Air conditioning
- Bathroom (handicap accessible)
- Apple TV
Rules and Regulations
In order to provide an entertaining yet safe environment for our students, all programs and events must be proposed through the SPS Request form. You must also complete a Facilities Usage Form in order to receive the space, given that the date and time is available. Events are subject to the approval of the residence life staff. Events which may result in damage to the space or that are not conducive to the educational mission of the university may not be approved for the programming space.
The events that take place in the SPS are strictly for the current students, faculty, and staff of SCSU. Therefore, in order to reserve, utilize, or attend any event at the Schwartz Programming Space, an individual must be a current student, faculty, or staff member. All non-SCSU guests are not permitted to attend any program within the Programming Space.
Cooking or preparing food is not permitted inside the space. This includes Popcorn Machines, Cotton Candy Machines, etc.
Although the SPS is considered its own entity, it is still located in the basement of a residence hall. All Housing Policies still apply. You can find a comprehensive Guide to Living on Campus that contains all housing policies and procedures. There is no fundraising allowed in the Schwartz Programming Space.
Covid-19 Rules and Regulations
- Everyone must use hand sanitizer upon entering and departing the space
- Desks and chairs must stay 6 ft apart
- Respect the space and clean up after yourself
- Be courteous to others and keep noise to a minimum
- Use headphones when on the phone or listening to music
- Snacks and drinks will be given behind the front desk by staff
If you have any questions, please contact: