Housing Accommodations

Learn about on-campus housing accommodations for students with disabilities and/or chronic health conditions.

The Center for Academic Success and Accessibility Services (CASAS) and University Health Services works collaboratively with the Office of Residence Life in order to provide housing accommodations to students with disabilities or chronic health conditions. For students requesting accommodations due to a documented disability or chronic health conditions: 

Under the Americans with Disabilities Act, an individual with a disability is a person who:

  1. has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities;
  2. has a record of such an impairment; or
  3. is regarded as having such an impairment

Requesting Accommodations

Accommodations for students with disabilities vary according to the nature of the documented disability.  To request accommodations for housing due to a documented disability, a student must first contact the CASAS in writing to make the request. Documentation of the disability and a phone number for the student must be included with the request. For Documentation guidelines, please see the CASAS. Once the request is received, it will be evaluated by the CASAS.  Although priority consideration will be given to accommodate students with disabilities, a particular accommodation may not be granted if housing is not available, if it is deemed not reasonable, or if other suitable options are available.  Availability of housing is limited and spaces are assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis.