It's almost time for room selection! Room selection is an exciting part of the housing process, so here's all the information you need to make your selection:
The deadline for roommate matching is April 10th at 11:59 a.m. ALL of your requested roommates need to confirm/request each other by April 10th. In addition, please decline any unwanted roommate matches that are pending.
It is very important that you are fully matched; you will be placed in a room selection process based on your matched group size.
Check our room selection webpage for detailed information about...
- Steps to complete a roommate survey and roommate profile
- Steps to search for and request a roommate
- Steps to accept or deny a roommate request
You are not required to match with a roommate, but we encourage students to find their own roommates to ensure that they are happy with their living experience next year.
Your room selection date is determined by your group size. We will post your room selection date and selection time on your MyHousing Portal in the evening of Friday April 14th.
- For students selecting a single bedroom OR who have no roommate preference - your room selection pick time will be determined by your total number of expected credits earned at the end of the current semester (current semester (Spring '23) + cumulative = total credits). Priority is given to students with the highest credits.
- For students in a roommate match of 2 or more* - your room selection pick time will also be determined by your total number of expected credits earned at the end of the semester (current semester (Spring '23) + cumulative = total credits). Your group's pick time will be determined by the student in your group with the highest number of credits.
- Only ONE member of your roommate group will need to log in to select the room for the whole group.
- *We will not be offering any triple occupancy rooms for fall. If you are a group of three, you will be eligible to select a 4-person room or suite. Please note: it is likely you will receive a 4th roommate.
Important note: Summer courses and/or Fall 2023 courses do not count towards your cumulative credit count.
Room Selection Dates
- April 17th - this room selection day is for students seeking a single bedroom. There are LIMITED single spaces available in Brownell, North Midrise, North Townhouse, and West Suites.
- April 18th - this room selection day is for students in roommate groups of 3, 4, or 6.
- West Single Suites will be available for groups of 3 or 4.
- April 19th - this room selection day is for students in a roommate group of 2 AND students with no roommate preference.
- Students who do not select a room during the room selection process will be placed by the Office of Residence Life.
Below you'll find each building's credit information for selection along with corresponding group sizes that coincide with the building. Please view the current costs associated with each building and room type prior to your selection. Important note: prices for Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 have not been updated yet and are subject to change.
- Brownell Hall (Minimum credit 20) - Single options and groups of 3, 4 or 6 (rooms for groups of 6 are very limited)
- Chase Hall (Maximum credit 24) - Single options and groups of 2
- Farnham Hall (Maximum credit 24) - Single options and groups of 2
- Hickerson Hall (Maximum credit 24) - Single options and groups of 2
- Neff Hall (Maximum credit 60) - Single options only
- North Campus (Minimum credit 45) - Single options and groups of 2, 3, or 4
- North Townhouses (Minimum credit 70) - Single options and groups of 2, 3, or 4
- Schwartz Hall (Minimum credit 27) - Groups of 2, 3 or 4
- West (Double) (No minimum credit / No maximum credit) - Single options and groups of 2
- West (Suite) (No minimum credit / No maximum credit) - Single options and groups of 2, 3 or 4
- Wilkinson Hall (Maximum credit 24) - Single options and groups of 2
We encourage you to find roommates to fill rooms to ensure that you will be eligible to select a room in your preferred residence hall.
As a reminder, we will not be offering any triple occupancy rooms for fall. If you are a group of 3, you will be eligible to select a 4-person room or suite. Please be aware that it is likely you will receive a 4th roommate.
Tour a residence hall
Not sure what hall is right for you? We’re offering tours in every residence hall so you can see the spaces yourself! Tours will be available on April 11th and April 12th from 8:30–9:30 p.m. Arrive at any hall's front desk on the date/time above and you'll get a chance to see a room in that hall.
If you have further questions regarding roommate matching or room selection, please feel free to contact the Office of Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org or (203) 392-5870.
Office of Residence Life
The residence halls will be closing at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 10, 2023. At this time the residence halls will be officially closed and students will not be permitted in the building. We ask that you please vacate your residence hall on the day of your last class before the break. If you require additional time to vacate your residence hall due to a late class on Friday, a Saturday class, or any extenuating circumstances that require more time on campus, please see below for instructions.
Closing procedures and important information regarding spring recess:
- Residence halls officially close at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 10th.
- You must vacate your residence hall on the day of your last class if you do not have class on Friday or Saturday.
- Remove and discard any perishable items from your refrigerator that might spoil during the spring break.
- Be sure to clean your room and take any garbage from your room to the dumpsters adjacent to your residence hall.
- Unplug everything within your room except fish tanks, micro fridge units, refrigerators, cable boxes and modems.
- Lock your windows and close your curtains and blinds.
- Take home any valuables (such as medicine, credit cards, fish, etc.) or anything that you will need during spring break. Please understand that housing and facilities staff may be entering rooms to complete work orders during the break.
- Make sure your room door is closed and locked.
- The residence halls will reopen on Sunday, March 19, 2023 at 2:00 p.m.
Your Residence Hall Director and Resident Advisors will be going through your room/apartment to make sure that you checked out properly and that you have followed all closing procedures. If you wish to report a maintenance issue, please email your hall director or fill out the online maintenance request form.
For students who require housing during the recess:
If you need to stay late until noon on Saturday, stay in housing during the entire spring break, or need to return early on Sunday, March 19th, please submit a “Spring Break Housing Application” online through the “Applications” tab in the MyHousing Portal. The cost for staying for part or all of the spring break is $308. We do not bill for individual nights. There is a $38.50 charge for students returning earlier than 2:00 p.m. on Sunday the 19th. The deadline for the Spring Break Housing Application is 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 9th, 2023. Spring break housing charges are due upon notification and must be paid prior to the start of spring break.
If you have any questions regarding spring recess closing, please do not hesitate to contact your Resident Advisor, Residence Hall Director, or the Office of Residence Life at (203) 392-5870.
Have a restful and relaxing spring recess, and best wishes for the remainder of the semester!
Office of Residence Life.
We hope your spring semester is going well and you're enjoying your time on campus! We are already excitedly looking ahead to the fall 2023 semester. We're preparing for a number of changes and upgrades for Residence Life this summer and we can't wait for you to see them this fall.
Housing deposits for the fall 2023/spring 2024 academic year are due by Tuesday, March 28, 2023.
Here's what you need to know:
To complete your Housing Application and pay your non-refundable deposit, follow the instructions below:
- Log on to MySCSU
- Click on Banner Student
- Select MyHousing
- Next to the Residence Life logo on the top left, click on the three lines
- Click "Applications"
- Click on "Housing Application and Deposit"
- Complete the application and pay the $250 non-refundable housing deposit
- The $250.00 housing deposit is non-refundable.
- The deposit must be paid online with a credit card through the MyHousing Portal.
- You must pay your deposit by the March 28th deadline to be eligible to participate in room selection and be part of a roommate group.
- You must participate in room selection the week of April 17th to select a room for the fall 2023 semester.
- You can start matching with roommates now through April 10th.
- Upon submission of the housing deposit, you will have until June 30, 2023 to cancel your contract. After June 30, 2023, you are financially bound to the terms and conditions of the housing contract for the entire academic year (fall and spring semester) and the housing contract cannot be cancelled to reside off campus during the contract term.
Your $250.00 non-refundable housing deposit for the 2023-2024 academic year is due Tuesday, March 28, 2023. By paying your $250.00 non-refundable housing deposit, you are agreeing to the terms of the academic year housing agreement (contract).
As always, if you have any questions regarding the housing deposit or the contract, please feel free to contact our office at (203) 392-5870 or send us an email at email@example.com.
Office of Residence Life
Happy New Year! We know that the winter break usually feels a little too short for our residents, but we're excited to welcome you back for the spring 2023 semester next week!
IMPORTANT SPRING MOVE-IN INFORMATION:
You can confirm your spring housing assignment and roommate information on your MyHousing Portal at any time. Please note: you may have a new roommate(s) assigned to your space as we're assigning and will be assigning students daily.
Move-In Day is Tuesday, January 17th from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Students who have a conflict on move-in day or who need to be on-campus for university business prior to the start of the semester may request to move in early. The Office of Residence Life offers early move-in beginning on Thursday, January 12th. Please be aware that there is a $38.50 per night charge for early move in. Early move-in requests will NOT be approved for students who have an outstanding balance, are not health compliant, or have not completed their check-in forms.
Please visit your MyHousing Portal to complete the "Spring Early Move-In Request" located under the "Applications" tab by Monday, January 9, 2023 at 2:00 p.m.
As a reminder, to move in and remain a residence hall student for the Spring 2023 semester you must:
- Be matriculated and attending the university with 6 or more registered credits
- Be in compliance with the university regarding all health regulations including the meningitis vaccine. Important: you will not be permitted to move into your residence hall on move-in day if your health records and immunization information have not been verified by Student Health Services by 3:00 p.m. on Friday, January 13th. Student Health Services will be closed on Monday in observance of the holiday. Please do not attempt to move into your residence hall until you are fully compliant.
- Have a zero account balance or be on a payment plan. Spring 2023 university bills were due December 15, 2022. You must have a zero account balance or be on a payment plan to move into your residence hall. You may view and pay your bill online through your BannerWeb account. For questions or concerns regarding your bill, please contact the Office of Student Accounts at 203-392-6140 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Completed "Spring Check-In Forms" (available now on your MyHousing Portal under the "Applications" tab).
We look forward to seeing you soon! Please reach out via email (email@example.com) or phone (203-392-5870) if you have any questions or concerns.
Office of Residence Life I Southern Connecticut State University