It’s time for Residence Life’s annual Sibling Day! On Friday, October 15th, 2021, your siblings, cousins, and friends are invited to Southern to spend some time with their favorite owl on campus. We hope you’ll join us for a fantastic evening of fun and events! Please note: siblings/guests must be ages 5-15 years old.
Registration Date(s): Monday, September 27, 2021 through Wednesday, October 13, 2021.
How do you register?
- Log in to MySCSU
- Choose "BannerWeb"
- Click "Student Services"
- Click “MyHousing Portal”
- Then select "Click here to proceed to MyHousing Portal"
- Click the Application tab
- Select "Sibling Night" from the drop-down menu
- Complete the application
Event Overview, Protocols and Policies:
- The event will be hosted outside in the ResLife Quad; we encourage everyone to dress appropriately for the weather.
- Siblings must be 5-15 years old. Activities are geared towards 5-10-year-olds.
- Each resident may host up to two siblings.
- Students are responsible for their siblings and must accompany them at all times.
- Siblings are not allowed inside the Residence Halls
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: As recommended by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the State Department of Public Health, all members of the campus community are encouraged to practice appropriate social distancing. You and your siblings should maintain a minimum 6-foot distance from others who are not part of your “family unit.”
- MASK: You and your sibling(s) on campus MUST wear masks.
Sibling Night Activities May Include:
- Door prizes
- Free giveaways
- Sweet Treats
- Meet Otus the Owl
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do we have to check-in somewhere when we arrive?
Check-in begins on Friday, October 15th at 3:30 pm in Reslife Quad. SCSU hosts and their siblings must go there to check in and receive their ID badges. Games and other fun activities will be held in the Reslife Quad from 3:30-6:30pm.
Will food be provided?
On Friday evening, snacks and sweet treats will also be available in the Farnham Programming space.
Click here for more information about other Homecoming events.
We look forward to having an enjoyable night filled with fun, laughter, and sibling bonding. If you have any questions, please call the Office of Residence Life at (203) 392-5870.
Looking to make a change to your housing assignment?
The Office of Residence Life will be offering a room change process on Thursday, September 16th from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. for students who are interested in changing rooms or residence halls.
Please be aware that we have extremely limited space this semester and some residence halls may not be available for selection. This room change process is designed for individuals to select a different space on campus and not for matched roommates to move together. Roommate matching is not available for any room change process.
Please be mindful that room eligibility for undergraduate students is dependent on the number of total credits earned to date. Each residence hall has specific credit requirements for eligibility. We have indicated below the residence halls and their correlating credit requirements. (Please refer to your MySCSU account for your total credits earned). You will only be able to view rooms that you are eligible for and that are currently available for selection.
Buildings availability and credit eligibility below:
- Brownell Hall (minimum credit 20)
- Chase Hall (maximum credit 24)
- Farnham Hall (maximum credit 24)
- Hickerson Hall (maximum credit 24)
- Neff Hall SINGLES ONLY (no credit limit) - extremely limited
- North Campus (minimum credit 45)
- Schwartz Hall (minimum credit 30) - extremely limited
- West (Double) (maximum credit 60)
- West (Suite) (must be 2nd year+ student) - extremely limited
- Wilkinson Hall (maximum credit 24)
On Thursday, September 16th, between 10am and 4pm you may log in to your MyHousing Portal to participate in the room change process.
To view available rooms and participate in the room change process:
- Proceed to MyHousing Portal
- Next to the Residence Life logo on the top left, click on the three lines
- Select the Room Selection tab
- Click “Select a Room/Suite”
- Click “Select from Room List”
- Select the hall you’d like to select a new room in then click “Search Available Rooms”
- Click “Select Room/Suite” once you’ve chosen a room
- Please be sure to check the price listed next to each room; a difference in price will adjust your bill.
*Please note: If you choose to select a room, once you confirm your bed assignment and click submit, your room change is final and you are no longer entitled to your previous room.
Students who submit a room change are required to move out of their current assignment between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, September 18th and into their new assignment on Saturday, September 18th between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please feel free to contact the Office of Residence Life at 203-392-5870 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office of Residence Life