How to Apply for Housing
To request housing at Southern Connecticut State University, you must first pay the non-refundable $250 Housing Deposit and complete an Online Housing Application through your MyHousing Portal (instructions are provided below ). On-campus housing is not required nor is it guaranteed for students. You will have an opportunity to select your housing assignment and roommate(s) online during your designated room selection session.
Upon submission of the housing application, you will have until June 30 to cancel your Academic Year Housing Agreement. The $250 deposit is non-refundable. Beginning July 1, the housing contract cannot be cancelled to reside off campus during the contract term and you are financially responsible for both the fall and spring semesters.
Completing the Online Housing Application
For New Students:
- Log on to your MySCSU
- Click on "Banner Student"
- Select "Student Services"
- Click on "Housing"
- Click on "Click here to proceed to MyHousing Portal"
- Next to the Residence Life logo on the top left click on the three lines
- Click "Applications"
- Click on "Housing Application and Deposit"
- Complete the application and pay the $250 non-refundable housing deposit
- The deposit must be paid online with a credit cardthrough the MyHousing Portal.
Please remember: you are financially bound to the terms and conditions of the housing contract for the entire academic year (fall applicants only) and the housing contract cannot be cancelled to reside off campus during the contract term.
Note: All incoming First-Year and Transfer students cannot submit a housing deposit until they have submitted a $200 admissions deposit.
For Returning students:
- Log in to MySCSU
- Choose "Banner Student"
- Click "Student Services"
- Select "MyHousing Portal"
- Proceed to MyHousing Portal
- Next to the Residence Life logo on the top left, click on the three lines
- Click "Applications"
- Select "Continuing Student Housing Deposit and Application" from the drop-down menu
- Complete the application and pay your non-refundable $250 housing deposit
- The deposit must be paid online with a credit card through the MyHousing Portal.
If you are having trouble logging into MySCSU or Banner Student, please contact the HelpDesk at (203) 392-5123.