Residence Life offers plenty of services for all of our students! Our services are listed below in convenient little snippets that provide an overview of our services, along with some helpful links for more information.
The Office of Residence Life recognizes that all students may not be able to bring computers to campus and offers two state-of-the-art computer labs. The labs are located in North Campus Residence Complex, and West Campus and are accessible and free of charge by all students with their student IDs. Each lab offers both Macintosh and IBM compatible computers for use, printers and a variety of software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and high-speed Internet access. Staff members maintain the labs and provide assistance if students have questions.
- Located on the 1st floor down the hallway to the left of the elevators
- North Campus residents: Available 24 hours/day, 7 days/week using student ID
- Non-North Campus residents: Mondays - Thursdays: 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m., Sundays: 6:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
- Located on the 2nd floor located directly off the elevators.
- West Campus Residents: Available 24 hours/day, 7 days/week using student ID
- Non-West Campus residents: Mondays - Thursdays: 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m., Sundays: 6:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
The laundry tracker system, Automatic Laundry, allows Southern residents to monitor the status of washers and dryers in the residence halls from the comfort of their own computers. The service is available at no charge to all housing students.
Using Automatic Laundry, students can locate an available washer/dryer in their residence hall and view how much time remains for the cycles on machines already in use. In addition, students can ask to be notified via email or text when a machine becomes available.
Most residence halls have recreation equipment available for residents' use including pool tables and equipment, foosball tables, and ping pong tables. Most halls also have common area lounges equipped with televisions and cable access for community viewing. Several halls now feature video game rooms (Brownell Hall, Farnham Hall, West Campus, and North Campus) and the North Campus recreation room is equipped with air hockey and a multi-game arcade cabinet. In addition, community lounges within buildings are often the sites for hall programming.