A financial aid package is based on a number of factors including the information provided on the FAFSA, enrollment status, grade level, housing status (on- or off-campus), etc. Therefore, any changes or discrepancies may result in adjustments to the financial aid award, even if it has been offered and/or accepted.
Awards may be adjusted or canceled due to any change(s) such as, but not limited to, the following conditions.
- You are not enrolled full time for each semester. (Full time for undergraduates is a minimum of 12 credits per semester; full time for graduate students is a minimum of 9 credits per semester.)
- Your initial award package is based on full-time enrollment, unless otherwise indicated. Students must notify our office in writing if their enrollment will be less than full time.
- You are not registered for the minimum number of credits necessary to be considered part time. Undergraduates must register for a minimum of 6 credits per semester, graduates a minimum of 4.5 credits per semester.
- Your housing status has changed (off campus, on campus)
- You are not matriculated (formally accepted to the University as a degree candidate).
- You have not met Satisfactory Academic Progress standards.
- You have not submitted documents requested by our office.
- You received additional resources (scholarships, third-party payments, tuition waivers, etc.).
- Our office received a subsequent FAFSA record that caused a change in your Expected Family Contribution (EFC). The EFC determines eligibility for need-based aid.
- The grade level you indicated on the FAFSA does not match your university record.
- You have withdrawn from the university.
Students are notified via their SCSU email address when changes are made to their financial aid. To request a change in your financial aid award or notify our office of an enrollment or housing status change, please submit a Change of Award form.