A financial aid package is based on a number of factors including the information provided on the FAFSA, enrollment status, grade level, on- or off-campus housing, etc. Therefore, any changes or discrepancies may result in adjustments to the financial aid award—even if it has been offered and/or accepted.
Awards may be adjusted or canceled due to any change(s) such as, but not limited to, the following aconditions.
- You are not enrolled full time for each semester. (Full time for undergraduates is a minimum of 12 credits per semester; full time for graduate students is a minimum of 9 credits per semester.)
- Your initial award package is based on full-time enrollment, unless otherwise indicated. Students must notify our office in writing if their enrollment will be less than full time.
- You are not registered for the minimum number of credits necessary to be considered part time. Undergraduates must register for a minimum of 6 credits per semester, graduates a minimum of 4.5 credits per semester.
- You are not matriculated (formally accepted to the University as a degree candidate).
- You have not met Satisfactory Academic Progress standards.
- You have not submitted documents requested by our office.
- You received additional resources (e.g., scholarships, third-party payments).
- Our office received a subsequent FAFSA record.
- You have withdrawn from the University.
Students are notified via email when changes are made to their financial aid. Notification is sent to the student's SCSU email account—the University’s official method of communication.