Students who previously attended Southern may apply to return and continue their studies.
The readmission options below outline the appropriate application pathway. If approved for readmission, students will be reinstated to their last approved program of study, but for the program requirements in effect for the current catalog year. If a student left on academic warning or probation, that standing will still be in effect upon readmission.
- The First-Year Application is for students who applied to Southern in the past, but did not start classes, and would like to readmit.
- The Transfer Application is for students who earned 12+ credits, after leaving Southern, at another institution, and would like to readmit.
- The Readmission Application is for all other returning students, including dismissed students once a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher is achieved as a non-matriculated student. Applications are due no later than 1 week prior to the start of the semester.
- The Graduate Application is for a returning student who: (1) earned 9+ credits, after leaving Southern, at another institution, or (2) was originally admitted to a master's degree or sixth-year certificate more than six years prior, or a doctoral degree more than seven years prior, or (3) was previously dismissed and at least one semester has lapsed (must include a petition to the graduate program coordinator describing why they will be successful if readmitted).
- The Readmission Application is for all other returning students. Applications are due no later than 1 week prior to the start of the semester.