Transfer Credit for Current Students

Southern students who plan to take courses at another institution must receive prior approval to apply the transfer credit(s) towards their program requirements. Please complete either the Undergraduate Transfer Request or Graduate Transfer Request

Here is other important information regarding transfer credit for current students:  

  • Students may also search our database of transferable courses from schools within Connecticut.    

  • Students must be in good academic standing with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.

  • Courses from regionally accredited colleges or universities are eligible for transfer.

  • Courses must be completed with a 'C-' or better to be transferred.

  • Students must submit an official transcript to the Registrar's Office showing proof of completion.

  • Students will not receive duplicate credit for any course in which they have already earned credit.

  • Transferred credits are not computed into the student’s cumulative GPA at Southern.

Please Note: Students who will not be concurrently enrolled at Southern during the fall or spring semester must also submit a Leave of Absence form to maintain matriculation status.