Residency Reclassification for In-State Tuition

Generally, a student’s residency classification is determined at the time of application for admission. Any student classified as an out of state resident, who feels that he or she qualifies as a resident of Connecticut in accordance with Connecticut General Statute 10a-26, may file this application at any time to request a change of classification.

Download Application for In-State Tuition (pdf)

As a reminder...

  • You may or may not be called for an interview.

  • You will receive notification of your application status within 1-2 weeks. 

  • If approved, reclassification will not be retroactive to prior semesters.   

  • The Student Code of Conduct prohibits the act of providing false information to school officials. 

  • Please submit this completed application along with all supporting documentation to:

Undergraduate Admissions (applicants)
501 Crescent Street, New Haven, CT 06515
Phone: (203) 392-5644
Fax: (203) 392-5727
Graduate Admissions (applicants)
501 Crescent Street, New Haven, CT 06515 
Phone: (203) 392-9670
Registrar’s Office (current students)
501 Crescent Street, New Haven, CT 06515
Phone: (203) 392-5301
Fax: (203) 392-7144