At Southern, we understand that every student's financial situation is different and that the FAFSA is not always the most accurate representation of your current situation. We want you to know that we are here to help, so if any of the following apply to you, be sure to let us know:
- Recent death of a parent
- Significant changes in family income such as job loss or loss of benefits
- Divorce or legal separation
- Large medical or dental expenses not covered by insurance
- Inability to add parents to the FAFSA due to abuse, neglect, unknown parentage, etc.
- Homelessness or at risk of being homeless (self supporting plus lacking fixed and adequate housing)
- Parental refusal to provide information
Please initiate the conversation by sending a detailed statement of your circumstances and documentation if applicable to email@example.com. We ask that you include your student ID number and date of birth in the email for identification.
If you have experienced one of the above situations due to COVID-19, please fill out and sign the COVID-19 Request for Additional Financial Assistance Form and be sure to submit the form with all required documentation in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our department forms must be printed and signed with a blue or black pen or with a digital signature. We cannot accept electronic signatures at this time.
2021-2022 COVID-19 Request for Additional Financial Assistance Form - for the Fall 2021, Spring 2022 and Summer 2022 semesters.
2022-2023 COVID-19 Request for Additional Financial Assistance Form - for the Fall 2022, Spring 2023 and Summer 2023 semesters.
Please check here for additional resources: https://inside.southernct.edu/basic-needs-resources