At Southern, we understand that every student's financial situation is different and that the FAFSA is not always the most accurate representation of your current situation. We want you to know that we are here to help, so if any of the following apply to you, be sure to let us know.
- Significant changes in family income such as job loss or loss of benefits
- Divorce or legal separation
- Large medical or dental expenses not covered by insurance
- Form for Fall 2022, Spring 2023 and Summer 2023
- Form for Fall 2023, Spring 2024 and Summer 2024
- Recent death of a parent
- Inability to add parents to the FAFSA due to abuse, neglect, unknown parentage, etc.
- Parental refusal to provide information
- Homelessness or at risk of being homeless (self supporting plus lacking fixed and adequate housing)
Please initiate the conversation by sending a detailed statement of your circumstances and documentation if applicable to email@example.com. We ask that you include your student ID number and date of birth in the email for identification.
Please check here for additional resources: https://inside.southernct.edu/basic-needs-resources