The Office of International Education is keenly aware of the risks associated with education abroad. Student safety is our top priority.
Process and Materials
A meeting with the OIE’s Assistant Director and Programs Abroad Coordinator to discuss the Programs Abroad Health and Safety Agreement is the final step in the SCSU Study Abroad process, and it takes place shortly after students have completed their Course Pre-Approval Form and are finalizing travel plans.
The Programs Abroad Health and Safety Agreement is comprised of the following documents:
- Study Abroad Health Self-Assessment Form
- Emergency Contact Information Form
- SCSU Student Code of Conduct
- Statement of Release, Indemnification, and Authorization
- Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) Health Insurance Enrollment Form
- Centers for Disease Control Travel Information (Host Country)
- Department of State Travel Information (Host Country)
- Copy of Student’s Passport ID page
In addition, students are strongly encouraged to enroll in the U.S. Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to register their trip with the local U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Registration is available at STEP.