Southern Connecticut State University Faculty Fellows in Residence
Southern Connecticut State University (SCSU) strives to be a leading social justice institution that supports our diverse student body with a reflective, diverse instructional faculty. SCSU has launched a new initiative to recruit a broadly diverse pool of newly credentialed colleagues with relevant terminal degrees (or ABD) for possible two- to three-year faculty fellow opportunities intended to support teaching skills, build scholarship, and continue to prepare new academics to navigate a higher education environment.
The Southern Faculty Fellows in Residence program will appropriately offer individuals the opportunity to work as an Assistant Professor with comparable rank, salary, with a substantially reduced teaching workload, and other unique opportunities that will support a transition into a faculty profile.
Southern Faculty Fellows will reside within a disciplinary home department, pursue their scholarship and creative activities, and build their skills and credentials as a presumptive faculty member teaching 15 credits (9+6) per academic year. The program will also offer opportunities to better understand the workings of a university and academic life, such as learning about our first-year student experience program, shadowing administrators, and optionally serving on university committees.
Southern Faculty Fellow in Residence positions for Academic Year 23-24 include the following disciplinary areas:
- Fellow in Educational Leadership & Policy Studies: Specialism in Higher Education Leadership (filled)
- Fellow in School Health Education (Department of Health and Movement Sciences) (filled)
- Fellow in Management and International Business (filled)
- Fellow in Medical Surgical Nursing (School of Nursing) (filled)
- Fellow in Health Promotion or Public Health Leadership (Department of Public Health) (filled)
- Fellow in Sport Management (Department of Recreation Tourism & Sport Management) (filled)