Southern Connecticut State University Faculty Fellows in Residence
Southern Connecticut State University (SCSU) strives to be a leading social justice institution that supports our diverse student body with a reflective, diverse instructional faculty. SCSU has launched a new initiative to recruit a broadly diverse pool of newly credentialed colleagues with relevant terminal degrees (or ABD) for possible two- to three-year faculty fellow opportunities intended to support teaching skills, build scholarship, and continue to prepare new academics to navigate a higher education environment.
The Southern Faculty Fellows in Residence program will appropriately offer individuals the opportunity to work as an Assistant Professor with comparable rank, salary, with a substantially reduced teaching workload, and other unique opportunities that will support a transition into a faculty profile.
Southern Faculty Fellows will reside within a disciplinary home department, pursue their scholarship and creative activities, and build their skills and credentials as a presumptive faculty member teaching 15 credits (9+6) per academic year. The program will also offer opportunities to better understand the workings of a university and academic life, such as learning about our first-year student experience program, shadowing administrators, and optionally serving on university committees.
Southern Faculty Fellow in Residence positions, starting Fall 2023, are available in the following disciplinary areas:
- Fellow in Educational Leadership: Specialism in Higher Education Leadership
- Fellow in Special Education: Specialism in Autism Studies
- Fellow in Mathematics (Generalist)
- Fellow in Health Promotion or Public Health Leadership (Department of Public Health)
- Fellow in Exercise Physiology or Strength/Conditioning (Department of Health and Movement Sciences)
- Fellow in Sport Management (Department of Recreation Tourism & Sport Management)
- Fellow in Medical Surgical Nursing (School of Nursing)
Review of candidates is ongoing and open until filled. Please refer to each Fellow listing for specific details.
For more information, please complete this inquiry form.