To Get Tutoring
Graduate students at SCSU will be able to schedule tutoring appointments to get help with writing -- either for coursework or for a master's capstone or dissertation. To make an appointment:
- Sign into Banner Web
- Go to SSC Navigate (it’s an app -- if you don’t have it, add the app)
- Scroll down -- Make Appointment (ASC)
- You should see a list of times and tutors available. Choose the time that or tutor who works best for you.
- Note down the time and date of your appointment. All appointments take place in either Buley Library in the Center for Academic Success and Accessibility Services (3rd floor) or online on Microsoft Teams.
- Bring the paper or assignment or even a question you want to work on.
If you are writing your master's capstone of dissertation you can make an appointment with our Professional Writing Specialists. They are Dr. Dawn Martorelli, Mrs. Amy Johnson, Dr. Christine Limone, and Dr. Carolyn Thompson.
To Become a Tutor
If you are interested in being a writing tutor yourself, please fill out the Academic Specialist application from the Center for Academic Success and Accessibility Services. If you have questions about becoming a graduate writing tutor, please contact CASAS.