To Get Tutoring
Starting in fall 2019, graduate students at SCSU will be able to schedule tutoring appointments to get help with writing -- either for coursework or for a master's capstone or dissertation. To make an appointment:
- Sign into Banner Web
- Go to SSC Navigate (it’s an app -- if you don’t have it, add the app)
- Scroll down -- Make Appointment (ASC)
- You should see a list of times and tutors available. Choose the time that or tutor who works best for you.
- Note down the time and date of your appointment. All appointments take place in Buley Library in the Academic Success Center (3rd floor).
- Bring the paper or assignment or even a question you want to work on.
If you are writing your master's capstone or dissertation, we recommend that you contact your department to find out the name of the tutor assigned to your discipline and make an appointment with that tutor. However, any of the professional tutors will be able to work with you.
To Become a Tutor
If you are interested in being a writing tutor yourself, please fill out the Academic Specialist application from the Academic Success Center. If you have questions about becoming a graduate writing tutor, please contact Nicole Barbieri at barbierin4 at southernct dot edu.