About the Multicultural Center
Multicultural Center’s Mission
The Multicultural Center provides learning opportunities that cultivate an inclusive educational environment where all students are successful and prepared for lifelong engagement in a global and multicultural society.
Multicultural Center Department Goals
- Goal 1: Provide programs and services to promote and support our retention, persistence and graduation of Southern Connecticut State University underrepresented student populations.
- Goal 2: Provide opportunities for students of diverse populations to have a sense of belonging and connection to the campus and its resources.
- Goal 3: Implement programs and initiatives that enable students to develop multicultural competency, raise awareness of diverse cultures and foster respect for diversity of all students.
- Goal 4: Collaborate with faculty, staff, student organizations and other campus partners to provide programming that address issues around social justice and diversity.
- Goal 5: Serve as an advocate, resource, and vehicle of support for diverse student populations.