Internship opportunities sent to the Journalism Department will be posted here. For more information about the steps to complete the internship, click here. To get your internship opportunity posted on this page, e-mail Journalism Department Chair Cindy Simoneau at email@example.com.
The Record-Journal offers for-credit and paid internships year-round for reporters, content producers, photographers and videographers.
If you are interested, email resume and cover letter to RJ editor Ralph Tomaselli at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial news organizations in the world, leading the way in delivering news coverage in all its forms for the people with the most at stake. We’re looking for interns who are passionate about telling stories in a variety of forms. From graphics to TV, to written articles on the Bloomberg Terminal, we want you to collaborate across platforms to deliver critical information to our clients.
The Narrative Project
Title: Communications Intern
Start Date: ASAP | Position available until filled
Hours: Approximately 20 hours per week, between the hours of 10am –6pm; schedule flexible
About The Narrative Project:
Through socially responsible communications consulting, The Narrative Project works to help emerging and established mission-driven organizations reach their diverse publics, build their image, further their mission, and achieve their goals.
The Narrative Project (TNP) is looking for a passionate communications intern eager to assist with various aspects of social media management, press & media relations, graphic design, and video editing. Communications interns will assist, develop, and execute social media and traditional media campaigns for TNP and our project partners.
This internship is an exciting opportunity for any emerging communications professional with a passion for economic, racial and social justice. This internship requires onsite availability, but some work may be completed remotely.
Compensation: Position is either for university credit, or a per semester stipend of $1,500
- Build a follower base and expand presence and awareness on social media networks for TNP and our project partners
- Actively communicate with and engage supporters via social media tools and communications platforms
- Track, monitor, and analyze social media effectiveness and make corrective modifications as needed
- Promote fundraising activities through social media advertising
- Create materials such as press releases, talking points and one-pagers
- Manage media database and press list
- Will be responsible for creating content, as well as video and photo editing
- Other administrative and research duties as needed
- Relevant college experience in journalism, communications, or public relations
- Dedication to dismantling harmful narratives surrounding race, ethnicity, privilege and power
- Motivated and willing to learn along the way
- Strong writing, proofreading, and editing skills
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively
- Must have experience with social media
- Familiarity with a variety of adobe programs, primarily Photoshop and InDesign
All interested parties should email email@example.com with a resume and cover letter explaining their interest in mission-driven, change communications and how they adopt the ideals of antiracism. Please include your social media handles and LinkedIn account if applicable.