Internship opportunities sent to the Journalism Department will be posted here. For more information about the steps to complete the internship, click here. To get your internship opportunity posted on this page, e-mail Journalism Department Chair Cindy Simoneau at email@example.com.
GreenBuildingAdvisor.com is seeking an editorial intern for May through July 2022. The intern’s prime responsibility will be to employ SEO strategies to maximize audience engagement and site performance. A secondary responsibility will be creating, scheduling, and publishing posts for all social media platforms. Duties will include: reviewing the SEO audit and fixing different types of broken links; optimizing older articles by rewriting heds/deks and meta descriptions; resizing images in existing posts; and creating collections of related articles. There will also be opportunities to create and publish new content. Required skills include solid knowledge of Wordpress software, SEO strategies, and Web image editing. A clear and concise writing style is a must, and a background in digital content creation is preferred. The intern will be expected to work 10-15 hours a week, beginning in early May and running through July. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Currently, the position will be entirely remote.
To apply, visit http://www.taunton.com/careers/
The Record-Journal offers for-credit and paid internships year-round for reporters, content producers, photographers and videographers.
If you are interested, email resume and cover letter to RJ editor Ralph Tomaselli at firstname.lastname@example.org
The USA TODAY internship program is an exciting opportunity to produce high-quality journalism alongside some of the world's most talented reporters, editors, photographers and videographers.
Interns are assigned to work for nation, opinion, entertainment, politics, social media, video, sports or consumer news teams. Our interns pitch story ideas, report, create videos, graphics and photographs and write articles, scripts, photo captions and social media language. In return, interns are assigned a mentor and attend weekly training sessions during this paid 10-week internship program.
Click the links to apply for Summer internships.
The Narrative Project
Title: Communications Intern
Start Date: ASAP | Position available until filled
Hours: Approximately 20 hours per week, between the hours of 10am –6pm; schedule flexible
About The Narrative Project:
Through socially responsible communications consulting, The Narrative Project works to help emerging and established mission-driven organizations reach their diverse publics, build their image, further their mission, and achieve their goals.
The Narrative Project (TNP) is looking for a passionate communications intern eager to assist with various aspects of social media management, press & media relations, graphic design, and video editing. Communications interns will assist, develop, and execute social media and traditional media campaigns for TNP and our project partners.
This internship is an exciting opportunity for any emerging communications professional with a passion for economic, racial and social justice. This internship requires onsite availability, but some work may be completed remotely.
Compensation: Position is either for university credit, or a per semester stipend
- Build a follower base and expand presence and awareness on social media networks for TNP and our project partners
- Actively communicate with and engage supporters via social media tools and communications platforms
- Track, monitor, and analyze social media effectiveness and make corrective modifications as needed
- Promote fundraising activities through social media advertising
- Create materials such as press releases, talking points and one-pagers
- Manage media database and press list
- Will be responsible for creating content, as well as video and photo editing
- Other administrative and research duties as needed
- Relevant college experience in journalism, communications, or public relations
- Dedication to dismantling harmful narratives surrounding race, ethnicity, privilege and power
- Motivated and willing to learn along the way
- Strong writing, proofreading, and editing skills
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively
- Must have experience with social media
- Familiarity with a variety of adobe programs, primarily Photoshop and InDesign
All interested parties should email email@example.com with a resume and cover letter explaining their interest in mission-driven, change communications and how they adopt the ideals of antiracism. Please include your social media handles and LinkedIn account if applicable.