VA Work Study Program

If you are a veteran or dependent enrolled at ¾ time or more and receiving the GI Bill®, you can "earn while you learn" with a VA work-study allowance. The VA work-study program is available to students studying under the following programs: Chapters 30, 31, 32, 33, 35, and 1606. You'll earn an hourly wage equal to the federal minimum wage or your state minimum wage, whichever is greater. Like your GI Bill® payments, it is tax free.

Services you perform under a VA work-study program must be related to VA work. Examples of acceptable work are: processing VA paperwork at schools or VA offices, performing outreach services under the supervision of a VA employee, and/or performing services at VA medical facilities.

Locations include SCSU's Veterans' Office, VA Medical Centers in West Haven and Newington, the veterans outreach centers in Connecticut, and the ERRERA Center in West Haven.