(This is a temporary, part-time position, which may be renewed at the discretion of the University)
Under the management of the Manager of Procurement Services, the University Assistant (UA) responsibilities include the following:
- Provide customer service to the University community and vendors in areas related to Procurement Services.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of vendor records and other related tasks in the ERP (Ellucian Banner) and Filemaker.
- Assist the Manager of Procurement Services in processing contract letters and memos, etc.
- Assist the Manager of Procurement Services with bid and RFP process.
- Assist with projects and other duties as assigned by the Manager of Procurement Services.
The UA is expected to work 19 hours per week. Days of work will be established between the Manager of Procurement Services and the successful applicant.
Required Qualifications: The University Assistant must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment and independently with oversite in areas of responsibility. The UA must prioritize functional tasks and work successfully under pressure to meet deadlines. The UA must demonstrate computer skills, have experience with an ERP system and Microsoft Office products, and deploy excellent communication skills in the execution of the work.
Preferred Qualifications: An Associate’s Degree or higher from an accredited institution is preferred, as is experience in procurement.
Hourly Salary Range: Depending on experience and credentials, the hourly wage range is $20.00 to $25.00.
Interested applicants should send their cover letter, resume and a list of three (3) references to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Expected start date is as soon as possible.
SCSU is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and actively seeks to enhance the diversity of the faculty. The university encourages women and minorities to apply.