The position supports the basic business operations of sponsored programs funded through external and internal sources. Assists faculty with the SCSU processes, procedures. Performs data entry tasks into department software and data warehouse, maintains electronic files related to grant funded projects, prepares internal financial reports for faculty review.
- Prepare reconciliations and financial reports of all the funded projects managed by the Office of Sponsored Programs and Research
- Assist the Grant Fiscal Associate with preparation of invoices for submission to external sponsors
- Maintain electronic files that document grant charges and match/in-kind contributions to projects
- Assemble information at the request of the Director for internal and external auditors
- Prepare effort certification reports for review by Director and faculty project directors/principal investigators
- Prepare project documentation for final closeout and archive at the end of grant.
The candidate should hold an Associate’s degree in accounting or business administration, or possess equivalent business experience, as well as knowledge of bookkeeping and generally-accepted accounting principles. Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of the BANNER, BRIO, and/or grant and contract administration principles. Must be able to keep financial matters strictly confidential.
Please submit resume, cover letter and contact information to:
Southern Connecticut State University
Sponsored Programs and Research