Position: University Assistant – Support Services
Department: School of Business
Category: Part-Time 19 hours per week, 1 year
Position Summary: Will provide specific technical support duties of varied complexity to faculty and staff.
- Support School of Business technology needs
- Maintain/troubleshoot printers
- Support events and meetings by the Dean, faculty and staff
- Maintain digital signage and web presence in the School of Business
- Support social media outreach by the School of Business
- Represent School of Business to IT
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Experience assisting end users with IT-related issues
- Experience installing, administering, and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows and Mac OS
- Experience troubleshooting basic network, software and hardware issues
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Visio
- Experience with Adobe products including Acrobat Pro, Photoshop
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- EDUCATION EXPERIENCE: An associate degree in computer science or equivalent direct experience related to job duties required to provide the requisite level of knowledge and abilities
The candidate should possess strong oral and written communication skills, should be able to provide examples of clear written documentation, and should understand and have a familiarity with working within formal service management and project management frameworks. A successful candidate will also demonstrate the desire and ability to learn new skills quickly, and a commitment to excellence in a service-oriented environment. An equivalent combination of experience and credentials may be considered.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, current resume and names, titles and contact information of three professional references. Please email the materials as attachments in Word or PDF format to email@example.com and include “University Assistant” in the subject line.