The University Assistant for the COMPASS Drop-in Childcare and Family Resource Center will aid the Head Teacher in carrying out learning activities for infants/toddlers, pre-school, and school aged children in SCSU’s drop-in childcare center. The position will have extensive relationships with Center children, parents, and staff. The University Assistant is expected to represent the University, College, and Center in a positive manner. University Assistant appointments are 19 hours per week and may be for up to one (1) year in length, may not exceed beyond a single fiscal year, but may be eligible for renewal annually.
The UA will assist the Head Teacher by performing the following duties:
- Assist with preparing, administering curriculum/lesson plans, and conducting learning activities for infants and children attending the Center.
- Assist with providing care for children in the full range of activities available at the Center, and assesses, records and reports children’s progress.
- May assist in overseeing classroom operations, assistant teachers/student workers, and volunteers.
- Participates in additional grant-related activities, required trainings and campus initiatives as needed.
- Performs other duties related to those enumerated above which do not alter the basic responsibility of the position under the supervision of the Head Teacher.
- The UA reports to the Grant PI.
Applicants should submit their resumes to Heather Jimenez, COMPASS Project Coordinator at email@example.com