Department: School of Nursing
The Simulation Operations Technician assists in the implementation of technology and resources required to deliver high-quality healthcare simulations. The selected candidate will support simulation-based educational activities for all disciplines within The School of Nursing including audio-visual technology, recording systems, simulation software and related instructional technology. The SOT will ensure the facility and simulation equipment are set up for simulation sessions. The SOT implements computing and infrastructure solutions, and ensures the daily operations of the simulation center. The candidate is an integral part of the simulation team and will report directly to the Simulation Coordinators. The candidate will serve as a liaison to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues as they arise.
Physical effort, including moving or lifting heavy objects (e.g., manikins), is frequently necessary.
- Prepares and maintains high and low-fidelity simulation trainers and equipment related to simulation-based education (SBE) and provides support as needed.
- Sets up simulation labs with all the equipment needed to run the simulation.
- Aids with the breakdown and clean up of each simulation.
- Effectively communicates with vendors related to simulation technology when necessary for technical support.
- Operates mannequins, equipment, media, and software for simulation encounters, including the electronic healthcare record.
- Assists senior simulation staff with maintaining inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Collaborates with senior simulation staff for maintenance and repair of simulation equipment and documents actions taken.
- Creates user-friendly instructional documents based on the use of all the equipment.
- Maintains a collaborative relationship with the IT department to stay abreast of IT operational practices and updates.
- May need to be available on some weekends to support the weekend simulations
- Performs other duties and responsibilities related to those listed above, which do not alter the basic level of responsibilities of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology education or related field.
- Experience working in an interprofessional academic environment.
- Experience with audio-visual simulation software.
Please send your resume to Regina Kulacz at email@example.com.
SCSU is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer. The University seeks to enhance the diversity of its faculty and staff. People of color, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.