Tenure Track Assistant Professor - Finance
Department: Finance and Real Estate
Search # 24-002
Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialization(s): Financial Risk Management, Fintech, Financial Econometrics and Real Estate
Southern Connecticut State University is a comprehensive university located in New Haven, a culturally vibrant environment, home to many universities and with easy access to New York City and Boston. SCSU, a flourishing academic community of approximately 9,000 students located less than three miles from downtown New Haven, is a student-centered and intentionally diverse institution that regards student success as our highest priority. We seek to instill in all students the value of discovery, inquiry, and the liberal arts and sciences as a foundation for professional development and life-long learning.
The Department of Finance and Real Estate at the AACSB Accredited School of Business (SCOB) invites applications for a tenure track Assistant Professor of Finance position, available Fall 2024. The SCOB is housed in a brand-new 60,000 Sq. Ft. SCOB building with a Financial Markets Lab and a Bloomberg Lab. A focus on sustainability, professional development of students and business community engagement are woven throughout its programs. Current undergraduate enrollment in the SCOB is about 1000 students and it also has an MBA program. Research support is also provided for faculty and the School currently maintains subscriptions for finance databases like CRSP, COMPUSTAT and EIKON. Yale University is located within minutes from SCSU campus and faculty members may benefit from the rich research seminars hosted at Yale campus. Generous travel funds are also available for conferences. The SCOB maintains multiple channels of communication with the local business community and banks. It also has an advisory board which consists of top-ranked executives from the local business community.
Brief Description of Duties/Responsibilities
- Typical teaching load is three courses (might include preps.) per semester. Teaching responsibilities include teaching in both traditional classroom and online formats.
- The tenure track position includes teaching, research (as per AACSB guidelines) and service responsibilities. Student advisement is required and engagement with the local business community might be required.
- The successful candidate must maintain scholarly activity consistent with the School of Business’s definition of “Scholarly Academic (SA)” for AACSB accreditation.
- Ph.D. in Finance or Economics or a closely related field at the time of appointment. Strong ABD candidates will be considered. Successful ABD candidates will need to earn a doctorate within one year of appointment.
- Ability to teach in both traditional classroom and online formats.
- Candidates with a doctoral degree in economics should demonstrate significant graduate coursework and research in Finance
We have a strong preference for candidates with expertise to conduct research in financial risk management, fintech, and financial econometrics. Background in machine learning and artificial intelligence will be a plus.
Please submit two pdf files: 1) letter of interest, current curriculum vitae (incl. contact information of all references), three letters of recommendation and an unofficial graduate transcript as a single pdf file and 2) a sample of research as a separate pdf file to: Dr. Sandip Dutta, Chair, Department of Finance and Real Estate at email@example.com For best consideration, all materials should be received by March 8th, 2024. The position will remain open until filled and is subject to budgetary approval.
SCSU is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer. The University seeks to enhance the diversity of its faculty and staff. People of color, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.