Psi Chi is the International Honor Society in Psychology, founded in 1929 for the purposes of encouraging, stimulating, and maintaining excellence in scholarship, and advancing the science of psychology. To be eligible for membership, you must:
- be enrolled as a major or minor in a psychology program (or a program psychological in nature)
- have completed at least 3 semesters or equivalent of the college course
- have completed at least 9 semester hours (or equivalent) of psychology courses
- have earned an overall GPA that is in the top 35% of their class in general scholarship (>3.22)
- have a minimum 3.0 GPA in psychology courses
If you meet these criteria and are interested in becoming a member, please visit the Psi Chi website and complete the application form.
The lifetime membership fee of $75, which includes $55 international dues and $20 local dues, will be due once your application has been approved.
Chapter meetings are open to all who are interested, regardless of membership status.
An induction ceremony for new members is held annually each spring.