The Center for Educational and Assistive Technology does not endorse any of the products, businesses or entities at these sites. The links are provided for informational purposes only.
- State of Connecticut Disability Services
- Office of Protection and Advocacy for Persons with Disabilities
- Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities
- Western Connecticut Association for Human Rights
Blindness and Visual Impairments
- Connecticut Council of the Blind (CCB)
- Connecticut Institute for the Blind/Oak Hill
- Connecticut Radio Information System (CRIS)
- Connecticut State Library- Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
- National Federation of the Blind of Connecticut
Technology Resources for Students
- Kurzweil 3000 Tutorials by Cambium Technology - How-to videos for the many features of Kurzweil 3000.
- WordQ Tutorials - Instructional videos for WordQ, a word prediction application.
- Livescribe Echo Smartpen Tutorials - Series of how-to videos for students using a Livescribe Echo Smartpen.
- Proloquo2Go for iPad Tutorials - An archive of instructional videos for Proloquo2Go, an assistive technology app for iPad.
- CAT iPad Tutorials - A YouTube playlist featuring instructional videos and tutorials for the apps installed on iPads loaned by the Center for Adaptive Technology: Clicker Docs, Clicker Sentences, Dragon Dictation for iPad/iPhone, and Inspiration Maps.
Technology Resources for Teachers and Professionals
- Kurzweil 3000 Professional Resources - Instructional videos for administrative functions of Kurzweil 3000, as well as user testimonials.
- Livescribe Echo Smartpen Professional Resources - User testimonials and how-to videos for advanced functions.
- WordQ FAQ - Frequently asked questions regarding WordQ, as well as information about volume licensing for schools and universities.
- Webspiration Classroom Resources - Training videos and frequently asked questions about Webspiration Classroom (additional resources such as lesson plans and implementation tips available to educators with a Webspiration account).
- The Faculty Room - The Faculty Room is a space for faculty and administrators at postsecondary institutions to learn about how to create classroom environments and academic activities that maximize the learning of all students, including those with disabilities.
- National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped - Provides information on audiocassette, large print, and Braille books and magazines for recreational reading.