The Center for Educational and Assistive Technology does not endorse any of the products, businesses or entities at these sites. The links are provided for informational purposes only.
- State of Connecticut Disability Services
- Office of Protection and Advocacy for Persons with Disabilities
- Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities
- Western Connecticut Association for Human Rights
Blindness and Visual Impairments
- Connecticut Council of the Blind (CCB)
- Connecticut Institute for the Blind/Oak Hill
- Connecticut Radio Information System (CRIS)
- Connecticut State Library- Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
- National Federation of the Blind of Connecticut
- Newsline for the Blind
Technology Resources for Students
- Kurzweil 3000 Tutorials by Cambium Technology - How-to videos for the many features of Kurzweil 3000.
- WordQ Tutorials - Instructional videos for WordQ, a word prediction application.
- Livescribe Echo Smartpen Tutorials - Series of how-to videos for students using a Livescribe Echo Smartpen.
- Inspiration/Webspiration Tutorials - Extensive library of how-to videos for Inspiration and Webspiration Classroom.
- Proloquo2Go for iPad Tutorials - An archive of instructional videos for Proloquo2Go, an assistive technology app for iPad.
- CAT iPad Tutorials - A YouTube playlist featuring instructional videos and tutorials for the apps installed on iPads loaned by the Center for Adaptive Technology: Clicker Docs, Clicker Sentences, Dragon Dictation for iPad/iPhone, and Inspiration Maps.
Technology Resources for Teachers and Professionals
- Kurzweil 3000 Professional Resources - Instructional videos for administrative functions of Kurzweil 3000, as well as user testimonials.
- Livescribe Echo Smartpen Professional Resources - User testimonials and how-to videos for advanced functions.
- WordQ FAQ - Frequently asked questions regarding WordQ, as well as information about volume licensing for schools and universities.
- Webspiration Classroom Resources - Training videos and frequently asked questions about Webspiration Classroom (additional resources such as lesson plans and implementation tips available to educators with a Webspiration account).
- HEATH Resource Center - HEATH resource papers, fact sheets, guides, and directories focus on topics such as accessibility, career development, classroom and laboratory accommodations, financial aid, independent living, transition resources, training and postsecondary education, career-technical education, and rehabilitation services.
- The Faculty Room - The Faculty Room is a space for faculty and administrators at postsecondary institutions to learn about how to create classroom environments and academic activities that maximize the learning of all students, including those with disabilities.
- National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped - Provides information on audiocassette, large print, and Braille books and magazines for refcreational reading.
- ADA Laws - Details of the Americans with Disabilities Act.