Regular upgrades and patches
- Enterprise Applications: Sundays 1 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Systems: Sundays 1 a.m. to 11 a.m. (only if rebooting is required)
- Systems: Tuesdays 1 a.m. to 4 a.m. (when rebooting is not required)
- Systems: Wednesdays 10 p.m. to Thursdays 7 a.m.
Major upgrades, patches, and system changes
- Every 3 to 5 months
- 5 day window (Friday-Tuesday)
- Intent is to only need Friday when vendor support is anticipated
- May need Saturday & Sunday when vendor support is not anticipated (most common use of maintenance window)
- May also need Monday & Tuesday in rare/dire circumstances when difficulties arise and special support is necessary
- All Applications and systems
- President's Day Weekend (February ~20th)
- One week before the Friday of Memorial Day weekend (May ~19th)
- Fiscal Year Switch over (June 30 to July 01): Finance items only, this is not for maintenance and has been an established routine for years
- Columbus Day weekend (October ~10th)
- Fall to Spring term break (December ~16th to January ~15th) Nightly 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.
Waiting for a scheduled maintenance window is not possible. Expected to be used rarely.
- Must be communicated as soon as possible
- Communicate updates to the SCSU community
- Communicate the results to the SCSU community