- Showcase your skills. Find your career fit.
- Bite-sized 5-6 hour virtual work experience programs that give students a genuine career advantage with Fortune 500 companies
- Forage virtual work experiences are always free for students as partner companies are committed to ensuring equity, diversity, and access of opportunity for everyone.
SCSU Grow with Google Career Readiness Program
Welcome to the SCSU Grow with Google Career Readiness Program!
Connecticut Is the First State in the U.S. to Offer the Full Suite of Google Career Certificates to Their Entire Community College and State University System as Governor Ned Lamont, Connecticut State Colleges and Universities (CSCU) Chancellor Cheng, and Google Announce Google Career Certificates Are Now Available Across the Entire CSCU System (Read more here).
Southern Connecticut State University has launched the Grow with Google Career Readiness Program. This new initiative provides an online digital skills program to help students prepare for critical steps in their career journey.
The program contains interactive learning paths with core lessons that will help you build digital and practical career skills.
Earn Your Certificate(s)
The Grow with Google Career Readiness Program allows you to earn a certificate when you complete each of the learning paths below.
Path 1: Build Your Digital Skills: Explore a variety of Google digital tools and learn how you can use them to increase your productivity in the workplace and in everyday life.
Path 2: Explore Career Paths: Research possible career paths to figure out which career might be right for you. Then create a career plan and start networking to help you find a job in the field.
Path 3: Land a Great Job: Use digital tools to search for a job, write a resume and cover letter, and learn how to stand out in interviews while conveying your personal brand.
Path 4: Succeed at Your New Job: Practice running efficient meetings, managing projects, and presenting to organizational stakeholders.
Path 5: Start Your Own Business: Research business opportunities, write a business plan, and estimate the financing you need to create your own business.
How to Register for the Grow with Google Program
Complete the following form to indicate your interest in participating in the SCSU OCPD Grow with Google initiative. You will then receive a confirmation email with next steps.
Deloitte Future of Work Institute
The prospect of selling yourself to potential employers in only one or two pages may seem impossible, but these resume samples will help to get you off to a good start. They are MS Word documents, so you can manipulate them to create a resume that reflects your own skills and experience. Find your School to view a resume that has been tailored towards your goals.
- College of Education Sample Resume Sample Resume (docx)
- School of Business Sample Resume (docx)
- College of Health and Human Services Sample Resume (docx)
- College of Arts and Sciences Sample Resume (docx)
- School of Graduate Studies Sample Resume (docx)
The Career Peer team has been trained in resume writing and development to be able to advise peers on early resume formatting and constructing. If you have never created a resume, contact the Office of Career and Professional Development for an appointment.
If you have created a resume before, contact the appropriate Career Coach.
Resume Tips and Guides
Download our Career Advising Handbook for resume samples to help you with creating your own document.
Whether you are a freshman or a senior, the Career Advising Student Handbook will help you navigate your journey from college to career. Use the Four Year Career Planning Guide to stay on track with career planning activities such as choosing a major, getting career related experience with co-ops or internships, and beginning your first professional job search. In addition, you will find a 5-step plan to help you choose a major, tips to help you with your job search, interviewing strategies, and samples to help you with creating your resume, cover letter, and post interview thank you letters.
Big Interview is an online system that combines training and practice to help you improve your interview technique and build your confidence through:
- Challenging, virtual mock interviews for all experience levels and dozens of industries
- A database of thousands of interview questions with tips on how to answer them
- The ability to rate and share your interview answers for feedback
- Comprehensive video training curriculum covering all aspects of landing a job
- Step-by-step interview Answer Builder for crafting answers to behavioral questions
Register Today with Big Interview
Big Interview Videos
Big Interview Student Guide
Not sure where to start with Big Interview? Here's your 7-step guide- Big Interview Student Guide