University Assistant - Department of Facilities Operations
Department: Department of Facilities Operations
Supervisor’s Title: Director of Architectural Services
The University Assistant (UA) will assist the Director and Assistant Director of Architectural Services, as an Architectural Assistant, with the daily operations within the Department of Facilities Operations.
Specific Duties / Responsibilities
- Perform duties to assist as a CAD Specialist
- Assist with the Architectural needs in the design and administering of Minor Capital Projects.
- Assist with preparation of Minor Capital projects, including measuring of spaces and visual review of project spaces when needed.
- Assist with planning, programming, and design of Interior Spaces for DCS Administered Projects when needed.
- Assist with the planning and design of Fixture, Furniture and Equipment (FFE) components of Agency and DCS administered projects.
- Assist in the procurement of Fixture, Furniture and Equipment (FFE) components of Agency and DCS administered projects and assist in overseeing installation phase of the work.
Position Qualifications / Requirements
- CAD software experience in AutoCAD and REVIT
- Architectural design and layout experience
- New and Renovation Design experience
- Fixture, Furniture and Equipment (FFE) selection and procurement experience
Applicants should submit a letter of interest, resume, and three references to:
Director of Architectural Services
Department of Facilities Operations
All application materials must be electronically submitted. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The work schedule would consist of a maximum of 19 hours per work week. Hourly salary dependent upon qualifications and will fall within the parameters of the current UA Hire Wage Guidelines scale chart.
The expected start date is as soon as possible.