The purpose of WAC is to create a curricular structure and educational environment in which writing can be encountered as a tool of discovery across the curriculum for both faculty and students who participate in writing-intensive courses. By providing resources such as workshops for faculty on using effective writing techniques and offering tutoring and writing workshops for students, the program strives to increase the successful participation of everyone involved in writing-intensive courses.
The Writing Center and Writing Across the Curriculum (WAC) program are directed by Marie McDaniel, Ph.D. in collaboration with the Writing Across the Curriculum Committee (WACC).
Marie McDaniel, Ph.D.
- Workshop development & faculty support
- Writing Program Assessment
- Consultations with faculty who wish to develop new W-courses
- W-course waivers for students
- Resource Acquisition & Management
- Transfer student w-course issues
- Student W-waivers
- Maintaining the WAC website
- The WAC budget
- WAC office hours
Chair, Writing Across the Curriculum Committee
- W-Course Proposals from Faculty
- W-Exigency Waivers for Faculty
- Scheduling W-Courses
- All UCF-related W-course issues