The SAGE Center has a Discord server, an online community that all Southern students are welcome to join! Students who join the SAGE Center Discord server will have a new way access our resources, view SAGE Center and university announcements, and engage with other community members.
Joining the Group
All Southern students are welcome and encouraged to join our server! If you’d like to see all that this online community has to offer, please fill out this quick survey so we can send you the information and link to join.
We also offer spaces for people of different identities to talk amongst each other. These are intended to be safe and supportive spaces for folks of certain identities to commune. We currently offer two groups, but are always open to adding more upon request!
- Black, Indigenous, and People of Color
- Transgender and Nonbinary Folks
- Queer Folks
- Bisexual, Pansexual, and other Folks
- Asexual and Aromantic Spectrum Folks
- Lesbian Folks
- Neurodivergent Folks
Discord User Guide
If you want to join our server, but are new to the platform, don’t worry! Outlined below are frequently asked questions:
What is Discord?
An online community to talk, message, or video chat with others!
What is a server?
A discord server is an invite-only space that consists of several different text or voice channels to chat in.
How can I join Discord?
You can join by downloading the desktop or mobile app and creating an account.
Where can I find a more detailed user guide?
For a more in-depth guide to navigating Discord, visit this link.
The SAGE Center discord server will not be staffed at all times as it is designed to be a space for community members to connect with each other. However, SAGE Center Ambassadors will periodically be available throughout the week to answer any questions that you may have, address your concerns, or provide more information about the SAGE Center.
The SAGE Center Ambassadors will generally be online during our normal hours of operation, Monday-Friday from 8:30am-4:30pm.
Rules and Guidelines for using the SAGE Center Discord Server
This server is intended to be a casual, safe, and welcoming space for everyone! Outlined below are behaviors that are prohibited by community members. Any individual who engages in a prohibited behavior may be removed from the server and/or referred to the appropriate university official if the behavior is also a violation of university policy.
- Harassment, bullying, or spamming, are not permitted. Community members will be notified of any violations and the SAGE Center staff will delete messages and/or remove community members who engage in these behaviors.
- Disagreements between community members may happen and are normal, but continuous, repetitive, or abusive behavior directed toward an individual will not be tolerated.
- Hate speech, defined as abusive or threatening speech or writing that expresses prejudice against a particular group, especially on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, assigned sex, gender identity, sexual/romantic orientation, religious affiliation, or disabilities, will not be tolerated.
- Threats of harm to oneself or others will be referred to the appropriate university officials and/or law enforcement for intervention.
- Sending unwanted, repeated friend requests or messages, especially after an individual has made it clear they don’t want to have contact with you will not be tolerated and any incidents may be referred to the appropriate university officials and/or law enforcement.
- Any attempt by a community member to bypass user blocks, server bans, or otherwise attempt to circumvent established parameters of the SAGE Center Discord server are not permitted.