In an effort to allow for additional on-ground programming as we conclude the spring semester the following guidelines have been established.
All programs/events on University grounds must follow these guidelines and submit an event plan at least one week prior to the event articulating how the guidelines will be met to Janet Klicsu, Assistant Director Adanti Student Center, at Klicsuj1@southernct.edu. Event plans submitted before April 19, should be directed to Brad Crerar at email@example.com. (See below: Event Plan for details). All events must be approved before they will be allowed to take place.
- All social distancing guidelines must be followed for any event to be considered for approval.
- All participants must be able to remain 6’ apart for the duration of any program, whether indoors or outdoors.
- Masks must be worn at all times, by all participants, whether indoors or outdoors, with the exception of when an individual is actively eating/drinking during outdoor events.
- Physical distancing seating is required for all attendees who gather in the same space for an event.
- Any event that encourages physical contact will be strictly prohibited.
- When hosting an event that features the shared use of items, items must be cleaned between use.
- Hand sanitizer or hand sanitizing stations must be made available at all events.
- For each event there must be a Social Distancing (SD) Coordinator named. The SD Coordinator will ensure that proper social distancing protocols are being met. This person should not have any other role to fill during the event.
- Floor markers must be used any time there is potential for a line to form.
- Program organizers should develop contingency plans in case the event needs to be postponed or cancelled.
- All attendees must be from within the University community (faculty, staff and/or students). Any event wishing to have non-SCSU attendees must meet the criteria below relating to outside guests.
- Outside guests will be allowed at the following types of events:
- Honors society inductions
- Departmental/university awards ceremonies
- Athletic Events
- Event hosts are responsible for the tracking of guests at their events.
- The number of guests should be limited according to the program and space requirements.
- Attendees who are not part of the same immediate household must be seated at least 6’ apart. Members of the same immediate household are permitted to sit together less than 6’apart.
- Guests should not come to campus if they are feeling sick, or are exhibiting any of the following symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell), or have potentially been exposed to someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19. A potential exposure means having household contact or having close contact (within 6 feet) with an individual with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 for a prolonged period of time (over 15 minutes) while the person is symptomatic or 48 hours before symptoms developed.
- Persons who are particularly vulnerable to COVID-19 according to the Centers for Disease Control (e.g., due to age or underlying conditions) and have not been vaccinated should be discouraged from attending on campus events.
- Serving of any open food/drinks is strictly prohibited.
- Manufacture pre-packaged food/drink in individually sealed containers/wrappers will be allowed in outdoor areas when 6’ of space is possible for consumption of these items.
- Goodie bags can be assembled with manufacture pre-packaged goods.
- Pre-packaged food/drink in individually sealed containers/wrappers will be allowed indoors when the intention is grab and go.
- SCSU Catering Services will be available on a very limited basis.
- External catering services may be used, but all food must be delivered and served in pre-packaged, single-serve, to-go style servings.
- Food trucks may be allowed, but must comply with all university regulations regarding food truck service. Contact Lisa Kortfelt, Director of Environmental Health and Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each event organizer must submit a plan for their event and receive approval before the event can take place.
- Event plans should be sent to Janet Klicsu, Assistant Director Adanti Student Center, at Klicsuj1@southernct.edu. Event plans submitted before April 19, should be directed to Brad Crerar at email@example.com.
- Event plans must include a description of the event, location of the event (after securing the location through the normal processes), and detailed plans regarding how they will enforce the guidelines listed in this document.
- Event plans should be submitted a week in advance.
Venues & 6’ Distancing Capacity (frequently used)
|EN C112 (Garner Recital Hall)||49|
|EN A120 (Tracy Lecture Hall)||44|
|ASC Ballroom A||38-50|
|Tent (Near Conn Hall)||100|
|Residence Life Quad|