Search No.: S19-067
Rank: Administrator V
Job Posted: February 10, 2020
Southern Connecticut State University is seeking an energetic and dynamic individual for the position of Client Infrastructure Manager. Southern Connecticut State University is a diverse and student-centered university dedicated to academic excellence, access, and service for the public good. Southern provides a supportive and welcoming environment for all members of its community through a campus wide commitment to social justice. Founded as a teacher’s college in 1893, Southern has evolved over the past century into a comprehensive public university of more than 10,000 students, offering graduate and undergraduate programs in the liberal arts and professional disciplines. It is one of four universities in the Connecticut State Colleges and Universities System. The University is located in New Haven, a city rich with arts and culture, and less than 90 miles from New York City and 140 miles from Boston
Reporting to the Director of Support Services, the Client Infrastructure Manager leads a team of professional staff to install, configure, administrate, maintain, and support client devices and applications. The incumbent leads the implementation of one or more enterprise client management and security solutions.
- Plans, designs and leads the implementation of organization's client management and security environment including computer systems and peripherals, mobile devices, software applications, printing, virtual clients, client security, etc.
- Acts as subject matter expert and stays current with trends and keeps abreast of pertinent and emerging issues in client management and security.
- Develops standard operating procedures and trains staff in the implementation of these procedures.
- Researches and recommends new hardware, software, and management tools to enhance service quality.
- Assists the end-to-end integration of infrastructure components to enable the effective and efficient delivery of enterprise services.
- Plans and implements automated software deployments tools for client computing devices.
- Participates in organization's disaster recovery and business resumption planning, testing, and implementation.
- Participates in organization's emergency response planning, testing, and implementation.
- Maintains appropriate documentation on procedures, configurations, and equipment inventory.
- Assists in the development of security policies & procedures, implementation of these procedures, along with investigation and resolution of security incidents.
- Works directly with vendors and technical support personnel on equipment and software purchases, as well as support and maintenance contracts.
- Manages small to medium size projects including needs analysis, planning, testing, and implementation.
- May supervise a team of professional staff and/or student workers.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities related to those described above which do not alter the basic level of responsibility of the position.
B.S. degree in Computer Science or related area. Advanced degree preferred. Minimum five (5) years of successful experience with responsibilities involving direct management and administration of client infrastructure in an enterprise multi-platform environment. Experience supervising full-time professional staff. Ability to motivate team members and to work effectively as part of a team. A strong work ethic is required.
Proven hands on experience with IP Networking and multiple security technologies. Proficient in Server and Client operating systems, Software Applications (Office, Outlook/Exchange, etc.) and mobile computing devices. Strong experience with Microsoft technologies including Active Directory, Exchange, ILM, SharePoint, etc. Experience in the installation and support of production environments utilizing client software deployment tools (e.g. Altiris, Microsoft SCCM, etc.) Knowledge of virtualization technologies.
Ability to assess, review and recommend new technologies in support of the organization goals. Demonstrated knowledge of IT operation processes including client security controls, incident management, asset management, configuration management, and change management. Excellent customer service and communication skills. Ability to work with people of various backgrounds and on all levels of technical knowledge. Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills. Strong project management capabilities including project planning, resource management (including third party resources), time estimation and execution. Ability to take ownership and manage small to mid-size projects from start to completion.
These qualifications may be waived for individuals with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Southern Connecticut State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The University seeks to enhance the diversity of its faculty and staff. People of color, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.