Part-time position: 5-10 hours/week; 20 hours per week
The Community Alliance for Research and Engagement (CARE) and the City of New Haven Department of Traffic, Transportation and Parking have joined together to create “Safe Routes for All” campaign. The goal of Safe Routes for All is to make active transportation (walking, biking, taking the bus) easier for residents to safely and easily reach their destinations. Over the next several months, Safe Routes for All will be gathering input from community members to as the City of New Haven develops an Active Transit Master Plan, guided by national best practices to make streets safer. CARE is seeking an outreach assistant to support this work.
Specifically, the Active Transit Outreach Assistant will:
- Assist with soliciting resident input into the design of the City of New Haven Active Transit Master Plan, with a special emphasis on low-income neighborhoods.
- Help coordinate and conduct outreach for a series of community meetings introducing the City of New Haven’s Active Transit Master Plan.
- Help coordinate outreach and engagement activities by attending Community Management Team meetings and other neighborhood meetings, with a special emphasis on low-income neighborhoods.
- Assist the communications coordinator with social media outreach/web communications.
- Assist with coordinating and scheduling meetings of a range of stakeholders to establish the Safe Routes for All Steering Committee, which will meet at least 5-7 times over the 2020.
- Track and report activities to project managers/directors for inclusion in funding reports.
- Must be available evenings and weekends.
- Part-time, temporary position; 5-10 hours/week for approximately 10 months; $20/hour
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Alycia Santilli: firstname.lastname@example.org