Posted: October 25, 2019
Search No.: S19-013
Rank: Administrator IV
Southern Connecticut State University is seeking a dynamic individual for the position of ECM Application Administrator within the Office of Information Technology. As an intentionally diverse and student-centered university, Southern is committed to academic excellence, access, social justice, and service for the public good. Founded as a teachers’ college in 1893, Southern has evolved over the past century into a comprehensive university offering 114 graduate and undergraduate programs in the liberal arts and professional disciplines. It is one of four universities in the Connecticut State Colleges and Universities System. The University is located in New Haven, a city rich with arts and culture, and less than 90 miles from New York City and 140 miles from Boston.
Reporting to the Director of Strategic Initiatives and Special Projects within Southern CT State University’s IT Department, the ECM Application Administrator provides operations support associated with various imaging systems employed by the campus to gather, archive and manage business content, including front-end scanning, electronic forms imports, electronic forms and workflow development, as well as back-end systems and 3rd party integrations used to manage and store content. The ECM Application Administrator functions as an internal consultant, implements standard operating procedures, performs day to day application administration, and provides training to all levels of campus personnel for the ECM and Banner related suite of products, in accordance with the objectives of SCSU and the CSCU System. The ECM Application Administrator coordinates business process analyses, needs assessment and cost/benefit analyses in an effort to align information technology solutions with business initiatives. Under the guidance of local IT leadership, coordinates project team resources, working across the campus, in order to effectively meet project commitments and business objectives. Works collaboratively with the CSCU ECM Sr. System Administrator to implement enterprise wide ECM requirements at the campus level and helps to communicate solutions as appropriate to the campus community.
- Coordinates and works collaboratively with the campus ECM Steering Committee to provide standardized solutions to meet the needs of the various divisions within user groups across the campus.
- Administers, maintains, implements, and supports the ECM application(s), at the campus level by working closely with campus stakeholders and the CSCU ECM Sr. System Administrator to troubleshoot and resolve all levels of issues. This includes, but is not limited to, overseeing campus wide usage and evaluating/maintaining data flows, scanners, and meta data to ensure systems connectivity, accuracy, and data management.
- Designs, implements and maintains a security scheme for the campus group in compliance with system office standards, for colleges and universities.
- Implements application requirements as defined by the CSCU ECM Steering Committee, ensuring enterprise wide standardization for all campus stakeholders.
- Designs and creates custom queries, electronic forms and workflows based on business logic and processes as required by the campus.
- Designs, develops and implements automated procedures using document import processes.
- Works collaboratively with the CSCU ECM Sr. System Administrator, coordinating with campus stakeholders on upgrades, maintenance outages, defining and establishing schedules, setting priorities, providing support and direction as needed.
- Support campus efforts of records management, data retention policies and document conversion to ensure the efficient and effective utilization of systems to meet their operational requirements, for all campus stakeholders.
- Uses operational expertise to seek out, research and evaluate a variety of solutions to provide campus stakeholders with high quality, efficient products.
- Works in collaboration with the local and system office Administrative ERP system governance committees in support of ECM, data warehouse, analytics, data governance, data flow and digital retention policies.
- Assist and directs discovery and documentation of business requirements for new solutions. May supervise professional staff and/or student workers.
- Other duties and responsibilities related to those described above which do not alter the basic level of responsibility of the position.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Management, or related subject. A minimum of four years of demonstrated experience with the planning, developing and operation of document imaging, electronic forms and workflow and/or records management solutions. Hyland OnBase experience preferred. Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Project Management experience preferred. These qualifications may be waived for individuals with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
For consideration, please submit a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three professional references to Amanda Mojica at email@example.com by November 22, 2019. Review of applications will begin on November 25, 2019 and the position will remain open until filled.
SCSU is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer. The University seeks to enhance the diversity of its faculty and staff. People of color, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.