Department: Department of Special Education
Term: Part-time in Academic year (2019-2020)
Hours/Week: 19 hours
This position supports special education faculty on a research project funded by an external federal grant. The University Assistant (UA) is expected to work closely with the faculty on the project management and assists faculty with budget management/report, project recruitment, data collection, and communication with other institutions. Other duties may be assigned as needed to support the research study. This is a is grant-funded position and expected to be renewed annually for five years.
Project coordinator will assist faculty in:
- Project management
- In-person training on new teachers
- Training new undergraduate student workers
- Leading efforts to collect data from all participation sites
- Project recruitment (school/district) and preparing for the first-year planning
- Communicating with schools/districts
- Participating in virtual coaching activities as needed
- Confirming that all activities are followed in the timeline and that described in the grant
- Preparing for finding reports and budget reports
- Participating in weekly/biweekly meetings
- The candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree or above. Degree in Education, Special Education, Communication, or related field are preferred.
- Preference will be given to the candidates who have research experience or data collection experience in research studies. Additional educational research experience or working with teachers and high school students are preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and demonstrate effective communication with teachers and school administrators.
- Willing to travel for the data collection (private car is required).
- Knowledge of confidentiality when working with students, teachers, and faculty.
- Strong organizational skills in project management and budget management.
- Independent problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft office and electronic data entry.
- Maintain electronic data files.
- Must be available to work 19 hours per week (Monday-Friday).
Please submit resume, cover letter, and three references with contact information to:
Dr. Yan Wei
Department of Special Education
College of Education
Southern Connecticut State University
Please reference “UA-Special Education Project Coordinator” in the subject line.