Search No.: S20-004
Job Posted: May 26, 2020
Rank: Administrator III
Southern Connecticut State University is seeking an energetic and dynamic individual for the position of Customer Support Center Lead. Southern Connecticut State University is a diverse and student-centered university dedicated to academic excellence, access, and service for the public good. Southern provides a supportive and welcoming environment for all members of its community through a campus wide commitment to social justice. Founded as a teacher’s college in 1893, Southern has evolved over the past century into a comprehensive public university of more than 10,000 students, offering graduate and undergraduate programs in the liberal arts and professional disciplines. It is one of four universities in the Connecticut State Colleges and Universities System. The University is located in New Haven, a city rich with arts and culture, and less than 90 miles from New York City and 140 miles from Boston
Reporting to the Director of Support Services, the Customer Support Center Lead is responsible to lead a help center for users of PCs, Network and various applications in the Information Technology department of Southern Connecticut State University.
- Assists with all help desk operations associated with the Office of Information Technology department.
- Provides primary point of contact and first level of support for calls and requests received by the Customer Support Center.
- Lead and direct Customer Support Center staff.
- Management of Customer Support Center software.
- Service request distribution and follow up.
- Assist in defining policies and procedures for the Customer Support Center area.
- Trouble resolution.
- Data entry.
- Report generation.
- Documentation of problems.
- Dispatching services.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities related to those enumerated above which do not alter the basic responsibility of the position.
Bachelor’s degree and three years of professional experience in a help desk or customer service environment in a large technical organization. Experience with networking and/or PC applications is required. Excellent communication and customer service skills. Experience with Customer Support Center Software is required. These qualifications may be waived for individuals with appropriate alternate experience.
Review of applications will begin immediately and remain open until filled. For full consideration submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references with contact information. Send electronic materials to ITjobs@southernct.edu. Please use Customer Support Center Lead Search in the subject line.
Southern Connecticut State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The University seeks to enhance the diversity of its faculty and staff. People of color, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.