Posted: May 26, 2020
Search No.: S19-013
Rank: Administrator IV
Southern Connecticut State University is seeking a dynamic individual for the position of ECM Application Administrator within the Office of Information Technology. As an intentionally diverse and student-centered university, Southern is committed to academic excellence, access, social justice, and service for the public good. Founded as a teachers’ college in 1893, Southern has evolved over the past century into a comprehensive university offering 114 graduate and undergraduate programs in the liberal arts and professional disciplines. It is one of four universities in the Connecticut State Colleges and Universities System. The University is located in New Haven, a city rich with arts and culture, and less than 90 miles from New York City and 140 miles from Boston.
Reporting to the Director of Strategic Initiatives and Special Projects within Southern’s IT Department, the ECM (Enterprise Content Management) Application Administrator will be responsible for providing operations support associated with imaging systems used by the campus to gather, archive, and manage business content. This includes front-end scanning, electronic form imports, workflow and electronic form development, as well as back-end systems and 3rd party integrations used to manage and store content. The ECM Application Administrator performs day to day application administration and provides training to all levels of campus personnel for the ECM and related suite of products.
- Administers, implements, maintains, and supports the ECM application(s) by working closely with campus stakeholders and the CSCU ECM Sr. System Administrator at the system office to troubleshoot and resolve all levels of issues. This includes, but is not limited to, overseeing campus wide usage and evaluating/maintaining data flows, scanners, and meta data to ensure systems connectivity, accuracy, and data management.
- Designs, tests, implements, and maintains multiple security and permission schemes.
- Designs, tests, implements, and maintains electronic workflows, forms, and custom queries based on business logic and processes as required by the campus.
- Designs, tests, implements, and maintains automated procedures using document import processes.
- Works collaboratively with the CSCU ECM Sr. System Administrator, coordinating with campus stakeholders on upgrades, maintenance outages, defining and establishing schedules, setting priorities, providing support and direction as needed.
- Support campus efforts of records management, data retention policies and document conversion to ensure the efficient and effective utilization of systems to meet their operational requirements, for all campus stakeholders.
- Uses operational expertise to seek out, research and evaluate a variety of solutions to provide campus stakeholders with high quality, efficient products.
- Works in collaboration with the local and system office administrative ERP system governance committees in support of ECM, data warehouse, analytics, data governance, data flow and digital retention policies.
- Assist and directs discovery and documentation of business requirements for new solutions. May supervise professional staff and/or student workers.
- Other duties and responsibilities related to those described above which do not alter the basic level of responsibility of the position.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Management, or related subject. A minimum of four years of demonstrated experience with the planning, developing and operation of document imaging, electronic forms and workflow and/or records management solutions. Hyland OnBase experience preferred. Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Project Management experience preferred. These qualifications may be waived for individuals with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
For consideration, please submit a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three professional references to Amanda Mojica at email@example.com by June 25, 2020. Review of applications will begin on June 26, 2020 and the position will remain open until filled.
SCSU is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer. The University seeks to enhance the diversity of its faculty and staff. People of color, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply