(This is a temporary, part-time position, which may be renewed at the discretion of the University.)
The Journalism Department at Southern Connecticut State University in New Haven is hiring a University Assistant for Technology to manage and run the Journalism Technology office.
- Opening and closing labs in MO 202/203/205 as needed.
- Working with faculty and Chairperson on the need to upgrade or purchase equipment to meet class needs and keep students’ skills competitive in the workforce.
- Keeping equipment in good working order.
- Assisting students with learning and use of technology including software and hardware needed for successful completion of classwork and homework.
- Checking all computers to ensure in proper working order and alert IT and department IT liaison for servicing needs.
- As needed, assisting instructors with teaching video camera techniques for broadcast assignments. Must stay current with all software utilized in Journalism courses.
Seeking a person with knowledge of Audition, Premiere, InDesign, Photoshop, WordPress and Excel. Experience using audio/video software and hardware in an academic setting.
Part-time employment is for the academic year at $16 per hour for a maximum of 19 hours per week.
Interested applicants should email a resume to Cindy Simoneau, Chairperson, SCSU Journalism Department at: email@example.com
SCSU is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer. The University seeks to enhance the diversity of its faculty and staff. People of color, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.