This is a temporary, part-time position, which may be renewed at the discretion of the University.
This University Assistant (UA) is responsible for assisting the Office of Information Technology to deliver technical support to students, faculty, and staff. The UA is a member of the IT support team under the direction of the Director of Support Services. In addition to possessing a foundation of technical skills, the UA must be able to interact with students, faculty, and staff to effectively deliver IT support.
- Assist in the operational coverage of Support Services
- Assist in supporting labs and classrooms, including hardware and software application
- Assist in providing computer support to the University Community
- Must speak clearly on the phone, and have a positive, upbeat, and courteous attitude
- Must have accurate spelling and grammar, and the ability to communicate well in written form
- Ability to perform assignment with limited supervision
- Familiar with IT Support Services procedures
- Experience working in a higher education environment
- Experience working in a Support Center
- Experience working with an Incident Management System
This position is for 19 hours per week and compensation will be commensurate with experience. Interested applicants should email a resume to Walter Schwarz, Client Infrastructure Manager, at email@example.com.