Summary of Position:
Southern Connecticut State University’s (SCSU) Division of Institutional Advancement seeks a creative and digitally savvy individual for the position of University Assistant - Alumni and Donor Digital Engagement. This is a unique opportunity for a talented professional to join a dynamic, growing and purposeful department of the university.
As an integral member of the cross-functional Alumni and Donor Engagement area, the University Assistant - Alumni and Donor Digital Engagement will directly support the digital marketing and communications, multimedia and event strategy of the Director of Alumni Relations and Director of Annual Giving. The University Assistant - Alumni and Donor Digital Engagement should bring solid skills in digital communication, writing, design, and the ability to handle multiple tasks at a time. They should be a creative, out-of-the box resourceful thinker and must be a team player. Reporting directly to the Director of Alumni Relations and Director of Annual Giving, the position will work collaboratively with the Office of Integrated Communication and Marketing. The University Assistant - Alumni and Donor Digital Engagement, is a part time, non-unionized position, scheduled at 19 hours a week.
- Assist in the writing and implementation of e-communications to alumni including, but not limited to: department newsletters, alumni network and fundraising event invitations and follow-up, fundraising appeals and donor acknowledgements.
- Assist Director of Alumni Relations with the management of the alumni e-communications calendar and submission procedures.
- Assist the Director or Annual Giving in the execution and management of university events and online fundraising pages; including university crowdfunding.
- Assist the Web/Social Media Administrator to strategize, create and deliver innovative and effective social media content for Alumni Relations and Annual Giving.
- Assist the Director of Alumni Relations with the coordination of alumni events.
- Work with alumni volunteers on event submission procedures.
- Assist the Director of Annual Giving with digital outreach to alumni and donors through strategic appeals and events, such as the community-wide Giving Day and student-run fundraising events.
Degree in marketing, communications or related field is preferred. At least 2 years of email marketing experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Familiarity of social media and digital marketing trends and strategic execution. Strong copywriting skills and the ability to manage digital content. Experience in coordination and execution of events and programs. Extremely organized with an attention to detail and ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment. Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, including the ability to establish cooperative working relationships with supervisors, colleagues, university alumni, donors, volunteers and campus partners. Knowledge and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Raisers Edge, MyEmma, GiveCampus, iDonate and ThankView not required, but favorable.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and a list of three (3) references to:
Charlie Davison, Secretary, Alumni Relations
Location: Alumni House
Please reference “University Assistant Alumni and Donor Digital Engagement” in the subject line.SCSU is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer. The University seeks to enhance the diversity of its faculty and staff. People of color, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.