(This is a temporary, part-time position which may be renewed at the discretion of the University.)
Southern Connecticut State University is seeking an energetic and self-motivated University Assistant to provide support to the Office of Human Resources.
- Assist with high volume data entry
- Assist with administrative duties.
- Assist with tracking and completing employment verifications.
- Assist with preparing and mailing benefit notices.
- Assist with file management and RMLO duties.
- Assist with ordering supplies.
- Assist with front desk coverage while answering questions from students, faculty, and staff.
- Perform special projects and other related duties as required.
The desired candidate will have:
- Experience with high volumes of data entry
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Computer and technical expertise at a mastery level.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Adobe.
- A combination of training and experience in a professionally-oriented office setting for a period of at least 2 years.
Some of these qualifications may be waived for individuals with appropriate alternative experience. The hourly rate for this position is $20 - $25 an hour (maximum 19 hours per week; 1-year appointment).
Interested candidates should email a resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3 professional references to SCSU Careers at Careers@southernct.edu and indicate “HR University Assistant” in the subject line.