The Music Department at Southern Connecticut State University is seeking a part-time Program Coordinator for the Stutzman Family Foundation Applied Lesson program at SCSU. The program allows SCSU music majors and minors to take private lesson instruction during the fall, spring, and summer semesters.
Applicants should have the interest and ability to serve as the “public face” of the Applied Lessons program for current and prospective students and faculty. The Coordinator will:
- Speak with students about the Applied Lessons program and facilitate sign-ups in the program.
- Coordinate all aspects of applied lesson registration, including building studio rosters, scheduling lessons, assigning teaching spaces, collecting lesson attendance, and coordinating with the department chairperson to assign new students to appropriate teachers.
- Create the end-of-semester jury schedule.
- Assist the department chairperson in collecting and formatting data related to the Music Department annual report to the Stutzman Family Foundation.
- Assist the department chairperson in collecting expense data and reconciling end-of-semester spending reports.
- Publicize the applied lessons program and Stutzman Family Foundation Music Scholarships to high school guidance counselors and music instructors.
- High school diploma.
- Ability to use e-mail, word-processing, and spreadsheet software.
- Interest and ability to serve as the “public face” of the Applied Lessons program for current and prospective students and faculty.
- College degree (2- or 4-year degree).
- Previous experience in a clerical position and/or previous experience working in higher education setting.
- Ability to work with basic graphic design and publicity materials (i.e., Canva) and document layout.
- Ability to work with and/or learn software and programs for task-management, asynchronous collaboration, and teamwork (i.e., Google Drive, OneDrive, Teams, Asana).
- Generate and format written communication for department functions (correspondence with prospective students and faculty, publicity to school guidance counselors and music instructors).
Interested and qualified applicants should email a current resume and cover letter to Josh Groffman, Music Department Chairperson, at GroffmanJ1@SouthernCT.edu. Review of applications will begin immediately. For best consideration, please submit materials by Friday, August 19, 2022.