This University Assistant (UA) is responsible for assisting the Office of Information Technology to deliver technical support to students, faculty, and staff. The UA is a member of the IT support staff team under the direction of the Director of User Services. In addition to possessing a foundation of technical skills, the UA must be able to interact with students, faculty, and staff to effectively deliver IT support.
- Assist in the operational coverage of the Help Desk and Call Center
- Technical support for labs and classrooms including hardware and software application
- Coordinate vendor support for set ups and repairs
- Academic and Administrative computer support to students, staff, faculty
- Must speak clearly on the phone, and have a positive, upbeat, and courteous attitude
- Must have accurate spelling and grammar, and the ability to communicate well in written form
- Ability to perform assignments with limited supervision
- Familiar with IT Help Desk and Classroom Support procedures
- Experience working in a higher education environment
- Experience working in a Support Center
- Experience working with an Incident Management System
This position is for 19 hours per week and compensation will be commensurate with experience. Interested applicants should email a resume to Chester Sample, Customer Support Center Manager, at Chester@southernct.edu.