(This is a temporary, part-time position which may be renewed at the discretion of the University.)
Southern’s new Early College (EC) program serves partners school districts, high school teachers and students. The Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs (AVPAA) provides oversight to the program and is responsible for facilitating interaction between prospective high school staff and instructors and department chairs, reviewing application materials, coordinating course schedules, and ensuring evaluation of dual enrollment courses.
Under the supervision and assessment of the AVPAA, the University Assistant (UA) will provide support for Early College instructors and SCSU faculty liaisons. The UA will work closely with the Faculty Coordinator for Early College. The UA will help to ensure that Southern’s Early College Program is administered in accordance with guidelines established by the BOR, the Connecticut Department of Higher Education, and NECHE.
- Assists with updating documentation for instructors, schools, and academic departments
- Assists with EC faculty and instructor orientation
- Coordinates with academic departments and colleges in courses offerings
- Assists with support for new and continuing EC instructors
- Assists with EC communication channels, including updates to website, email, and social media
- Assists with accreditation consideration through the National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnership
- Assists with ensuring that all activities are conducted within the established guidelines of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Performs other duties related as required
A Bachelor’s degree is required (Master’s preferred). Two to three years of experience working with external and internal partners, such as school districts, instructors, department chairs and students. Ability to work independently, with attention to details and deadlines. Will be required to participate in meetings, conferences, and other activities related to the operations of the Early College program.
Must be able to foster positive working relationships with the various individuals, groups, and departments. Experience with Microsoft Office, Banner Software system, and Navigate’s Student Success Management System are preferred. This is a UA position that allows a maximum of 19 hours per week with compensation commensurate with experience. Candidates must be available to work during business hours (8:30am - 4:30pm, Monday-Friday).
Please email a letter of interest that includes how your experience meets the position description requirements and a resume with relevant experience foregrounded. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications review will commence immediately, and position will remain open until filled.