Search Number: S21-009
Job Posted: 8/24/2021
Southern Connecticut State University is seeking a dynamic individual for the Associate Director, Pre-Award Services position within the office of Sponsored Programs and Research (SPAR). As an intentionally diverse and student-centered university, Southern is committed to academic excellence, access, social justice, and service for the public good. Founded as a teachers’ college in 1893, Southern has evolved over the past century into a comprehensive university offering 114 graduate and undergraduate programs in the liberal arts and professional disciplines. It is one of four universities in the Connecticut State Colleges and Universities System. The University is located in New Haven, a city rich with arts and culture, and less than 90 miles from New York City and 140 miles from Boston.
The Telecommunications Manager has primary responsibility for management of the voice and video aspects of Telecommunications and assists the Director in the data portion of Telecommunications.
- Directs support personnel in the installation, maintenance, repair, troubleshooting and documenting of the University telecommunications physical infrastructure which supports both data network and voice service delivery.
- Provides network analysis and performance monitoring using associated network management tools; plans, designs, integrates, and documents network growth.
- Makes recommendations for and manages Network / Telecommunications budget.
- Stays abreast of technology trends and developments and keeps University management apprised of opportunities to exploit new technologies that can benefit the University community or increase operational efficiency.
- Provides University network / telecommunication support in conjunction with other areas and the BOR Telecommunications staff for the management of departmental relocations, building additions, infrastructure expansion and adherence to BOR Telecommunications Standards.
- Directs support personnel in the installation, maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting of University telephone services and sets.
- Assists University administrative departments in determining the best way to deploy and manage voice services to make the best use of personnel and increase customer satisfaction.
- Provides and makes available technical training for network / telecommunications personnel on an as needed and on-going basis.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities related to those described above which do not alter the basic level of responsibility of the position.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related area required.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in telecommunications and network systems integration including planning, design, and implementation of large-scale networking infrastructure.
- Proven experience troubleshooting network, PBX, and voicemail problems and a working knowledge of TCP/IP protocols.
- Experience in one or more of the following databases, products or systems:
- Pinnacle TMS
- Avaya PBX
- Octel voicemail system
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Experience in managing team base projects and organizations is required.
These qualifications may be waived for individuals with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
For full consideration, please submit a letter of application, resume, and 3 professional references with contact information to email@example.com by September 24, 2021. Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled..
Southern Connecticut State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The University seeks to enhance the diversity of its faculty and staff. People of color, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.