Rank: Administrator III
Search Number: S21-071
Supervisor: Inventory/Stores Coordinator
Southern Connecticut State University is a diverse and student-centered university dedicated to academic excellence, access, and service for the public good. Southern provides a supportive and welcoming environment for all members of its community through a campus wide commitment to social justice. Founded as a teacher’s college in 1893, Southern has evolved over the past century into a comprehensive public university of more than 10,000 students, offering graduate and undergraduate programs in the liberal arts and professional disciplines. It is one of four universities in the Connecticut State Colleges and Universities System. The University is located in New Haven, a city rich with arts and culture, and less than 90 miles from New York City and 140 miles from Boston.
This position reports to the Inventory/Stores Coordinator and is responsible for overseeing the University’s computerized Property Management System and assisting in the operation of the Shipping and Receiving Warehouse.
- Manages and maintains the computerized property management system.
- Manages effective procedures to comply with applicable state and university inventory requirements.
- Performs the annual equipment inventory for all capital and controllable university fixed assets and provides essential detail for the Annual Inventory Report (CO-59) of all real and personal property reported to the State Comptroller as required by state statute.
- Conducts periodic departmental equipment audits and report and reconcile results with existing property control records.
- Facilitates the reporting of losses and unaccounted for assets and works with campus police for proper reporting of thefts.
- Assists in supervising the shipping and receiving and warehouse operations, which includes assuring the accurate inventory control processing of new assets.
- Assures operational compliance with SCSU, CSU and the State Comptroller’s Property Control Manual.
- Facilitates the identification of surplus capital assets and the proper disposal of assets, in accordance with State, CSU and SCSU procedures.
- Coordinates with the Capital Budget Administrator on new construction and renovation projects to ensure the proper report of capitalized equipment.
- Works with University Accounting staff regarding Banner reconciliation of campus equipment purchases.
- Assists State, CSU and Private Auditors with field spot checks and provides supporting documentation for compliance.
- Manages and enforces university policies and procedures for Off-Campus Equipment Loan programs (Property passes)
- Maintains the university’s Fine Art inventory database and performs annual physical inventory of the same.
- Assists with the maintenance of the university’s Material Safety Database system. Supervises and trains inventory assistants which includes a Clerk Typist and a Storekeeper. Trains faculty and staff on SCSU Inventory Policy and Procedures
- Acts as supervisor in the absence of the Inventory/Stores Coordinator.
- Performs other duties related to those enumerated above which do not alter the basic level of responsibility of the position.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent; three (3) years’ experience with computerized inventory control systems for a large organization with multiple inventory sites and knowledge of state procedures for property management. Knowledge of hazardous materials handling practices; computer experience is a must; supervisory experience in a service-oriented environment; and excellent written and oral communication skills.
These qualifications may be waived for individuals with appropriate alternate experience.
To be considered, please submit a letter of interest, resume and contact information for three professional references to Paulette Philson at PhilsonP1@southernct.edu no later than May 23, 2022. Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
Southern Connecticut State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The University seeks to enhance the diversity of its faculty and staff. People of color, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.