Rank: Administrator IV
Search Number: S21-069
Job Posted: April 20, 2022
Southern Connecticut State University is a diverse and student-centered university dedicated to academic excellence, access, and service for the public good. Southern provides a supportive and welcoming environment for all members of its community through a campus wide commitment to social justice. Founded as a teacher’s college in 1893, Southern has evolved over the past century into a comprehensive public university of more than 10,000 students, offering graduate and undergraduate programs in the liberal arts and professional disciplines. It is one of four universities in the Connecticut State Colleges and Universities System. The University is located in New Haven, a city rich with arts and culture, and less than 90 miles from New York City and 140 miles from Boston.
Under the supervision and direction of the Director of Transfer Student Services, the Transfer Articulation and Enrollment Coordinator effectively utilizes transfer related technology including but not limited to CRM, Banner, Navigate, TES and other technology solutions to maintain and organize the transfer equivalency banks for the University and assists in strategic planning and management of transfer credits, articulation agreements, TAP and MOUs with sister institutions. The coordinator will work with prospective students, community colleges, Universities, the Registrar’s Office, Academic Advising and Chairs to ensure ease of transfer to Southern Connecticut State University and assist with Transfer on-boarding and other transfer functions.
- Independently organizes and maintains the Office’s internal transfer equivalency bank and external web-based transfer equivalency tool.
- Oversees transfer credit, articulation and evaluation activities, including planning and preparation of transfer evaluations. Works with the Academic Advisors and the LEP Director to ensure proper course evaluation.
- Works with department chairs, community college and Connecticut University Liaisons to ensure proper course equivalencies are determined, banked and kept relevant.
- Works with the Deans, department chairs, faculty, Academic Advising and New Student and Sophomore Programs on transfer credit and programs to appropriately transition transfer students to the University.
- Supports office administration and manages, trains and evaluates clerical and professional staff as assigned. Prepares and facilitates professional development plans for staff.
- Oversees new transfer student onboarding with collaboration with the Office of New Student and Sophomore programs and Academic Advising to ensure a smooth transition into the University.
- Work with the Registrar’s office to assist in utilizing Degree Works and other transfer technologies.
- Counsels incoming students, their families and community partners regarding processes and procedure for transfer admission, credit evaluation and on-boarding to the University.
- Participates in various admission activities on and off campus requiring occasional evening and weekend work.
- Performs other duties related to those enumerated above which do not alter the basic level of the responsibility of the position.
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s preferred. Minimum of three years of experience in a higher education environment with 1 year working directly with transfer admissions, advising or transfer credit articulation. Banner experience required. Demonstrated skill and ability to work effectively with student populations and University personnel is required. Previous experience supporting student success, providing educational and personal support of students, responding to student concerns and behaviors, curriculum counseling and working with faculty advisors is a plus. Demonstrated ability to grasp knowledge of and communicate information about all academic programs offered by the University and demonstrated commitment to student success are preferred. These qualifications may be waived for individuals with appropriate alternate experience.
To be considered, please submit a letter of interest, resume and contact information for three professional references to Em@southernct.edu no later than Friday May 13, 2022. Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
Southern Connecticut State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The University seeks to enhance the diversity of its faculty and staff. People of color, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.